Likethis closing URs without reason

Post by psubrian
Someone with higher authority (not sure if we have any area managers for the Twin Cities) needs to talk with this 'likethis' person. They are closing URs left and right, often without actually solving the problem, yet marking them solved. Here is one example, https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 78&env=usa

I tried communicating with this person, but their attitude was that if the UR is older than 7 days, then its no longer valid and "there's no way anyone would respond after 2 days" when trying to do follow-up on URs. I'm a little annoyed only because I noticed until recently there didn't seem to be anyone else working on the URs in the Twin Cities so I had spent a fair amount of time trying to reach out to folks only to have this guy close them out.
psubrian

POSTER_ID:16963583

Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
PaddyBear93 wrote: Besides messaging the users through the forums is there any other we can contact them? Or would it be an issue to raise with my AM?

Thanks,

Paddy
You can respond to closed URs'. They should get an email because they closed it and will be following it now.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by coontex
There should be notes in the UR if he closes them. That is part of the etiquette.
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by coontex
I agree also for the ones you were the first to comment on and no response in 7 days close them. When it comes to some that another editor has worked on ask them first. This way there are no issues and sometimes asking them reminds them about the UR. We all have made these mistakes and have been contacted about this. I did it a few weeks ago thinking it was on a UR that I was working on and was someone else's. Trying to do to many things at once and got in a hurry. Happy wazing like this and this is what the forums are for. Also have you thought about trying to join the mentoring program. This has helped me out a lot because you can have one person to go to to ask questions.
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by coontex
It is all part of the learning process and most of us are still learning also. Most of the information you need is in the wiki or the forums but it can kind of get confusing sometimes with all the back and forth in the forums. Happy editing and have fun.
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by davielde
The community guidelines are fairly clear at this point in terms of the workflow, timing, and the fact that if you don't solve the request, you mark it Not Identified after taking the appropriate steps.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/UR#The_resol ... _Etiquette
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by IikeThis
Hello, sorry this is my first week editing waze and I have made some mistakes the first few days as I am still learning. However now, I have read up on a lot of the Wiki, and frequently ask higher-ups for advice and assistance when I do not know what is best thing to be done to resolve a UR.

I worked my way towards the MSP airport and noticed that there was an insane amount of reports there. Waze was routing users to a back road which was restricted to airport personnel only because that road was the closest way possible to the Google Map Pin that was placed in the center of the airport tarmac.

I asked for assistance on what to do with this, and The1Who and nnote came by if I remember correctly. I asked what to do with the abundance or UR's from many months ago, and was told to close them. I did that, and in the moment I did not think to include a closing comment (which I now know, and do to all the reports I close). This narrowed down all the reports so I could focus on the more recent ones.

I was told that there was really no way to fix this routing issue in Waze because used the Google pin. So, I went to the google maps and submitted a few reports on the pin and created a forum question there. The next day, the 'routing pin' for google was moved to Terminal one (where most users need to go to), and the 'label pin' for MSP stayed in the middle. I then closed the rest of the UR's in that area because the issue was fixed and routing to it was correct. I have then pasted this response to the remaining UR's in the area.

Edit: Fixed MSP for only some search drop downs. The first one that comes when someone searches for MSP is still off :( have to use terminal 1
The issue of bad routing when trying to reach MSP Airport has been fixed!
The problem was caused by Google's 'Marker Pin' for MSP, which was in the middle of the runway. Waze routes to try and get as close to the destination as possible, and thats which led to using the backroads here. I have contacted google and submitted many reports to try and get this fixed, and it was.

Please allow 2-3 days for the app to update the maps. Driving to MSP should lead to the main doors now. Thanks for the report, and please leave more error requests if you find any!
I am sorry that I closed some reports without commenting on them, and have learned from my mistake.

The issue of closing reports in 7 days: I noticed that the Twin cities was FULL of old URs ranging from only a few days to some which are over 150 days old. There are many which have been commented on asking for more details 30+ days ago. I was unsure what the correct procedure was for closing these older reports, and Nnote commented in the chat and said to close reports that have not responded back (after I leave a comment) in 7 days. So I went on roll and closed loads of them in my area that have had no response with this message.
No response, closing [Date]. Feel free to create another report about this issue (or any other issues) that isn't solved.
Psubrian commented in the chat and was upset by my UR closing after 7 days, and a few lvl 4/5 said that what I did was okay. Brian said he likes to wait longer, and thats fine I guess, so I wont close URs that he was the first to comment on (unless 30?+ days no response.)

I didn't try to show an 'attitude', I was merely doing what high leveled editors advised me to do. Im not sorry that "...there didn't seem to be anyone else working on..." because I have been on here a lot solving and closing lots of reports. If anything, a low number of URs is a good thing :) . I hope I addressed everything here, and will change my ways if I was doing something wrong.

Sorry for the long post! :?
IikeThis
Send a message
Last edited by IikeThis on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Total Noob, Go Easy :D
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png
-Twin Cities, MN

Post by IikeThis
Sounds good. Will leave more time for 'complicated' ones with text added in initial description. I still will probably close any that I comment first on and no responce in 7 days. I like a clean map thats not cluttered with no responces :?
IikeThis
Send a message
-Twin Cities, MN

Post by IikeThis
I'll keep all of this in mind thanks the1who and mdavidsonjr. I think I'm doing okay right now because the people in the chat are very friendly and wanting to help, I know bigbear3764 for one has probably came 25ish times this week lol.
IikeThis
Send a message
-Twin Cities, MN

Post by paddybear93
Slightly off topic but this is the newest thread I could find related to this. I have had a spate of UR's closed by lvl 1 editors (I'm assuming green as grass ones) with no explanation. Normally I wouldnt mind but they have been closed as 'Solved' with no edits being done in the area and most of these have been UR's I have been monitoring and have left messages on. Besides messaging the users through the forums is there any other we can contact them? Or would it be an issue to raise with my AM?

Thanks,

Paddy
paddybear93
Send a message
Middlesbrough, Redcar and Stockton Editor
• Waze 3.9.9.0 • Honor 7 (Android 5.0.2) • Chrome/W10 • Validator •
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Best Editing PracticeUK Locking PolicyDealing with UR's