Post by psubrian
I'm okay with the proposed UR Policy. I personally have always been waiting a minimum of 14 days, only because I know I myself wasn't using the app on a daily basis and sometimes I wouldn't pay attention if I was vacation or any other number of reasons to not pay attention to my phone. 10 days is better than 7.
psubrian
Send a message

Post by psubrian
DallasGrant wrote:Here's an idea for the User Report Policy:

We have a 1, 6, and 10-day policy
So I'm taking back my comment that I liked the 1/6/10 day policy, (and think 10 should actually be 14). I propose we eliminate the 6 day portion and here's why. If I was the only editor in my area, I could simple setup URO+ to hide all URs where the last commentor 14 days or less ago. When the UR shows up on my screen on day 15, then I know they haven't responded in 14 days and I can move into closing out the UR as "not identified".

With the 6 day rule, that muddies up the water and makes it much harder to do a quick sweep of an area that has multiple editors. So now I would need to go and carefully review the last comment to see if it was the "day 1" response from an editor or the "day 6" response. Its just one more thing to keep track of. Quite frankly, I think the 6-day reminder is un-necessary and just creates extra work for the editors.

I hope I explained this clearly, but maybe I haven't. Let me know if you have questions, but I'd really like to eliminate this 6-day rule and just do a 1/14 days.
psubrian
Send a message

Post by psubrian
Just this weekend, I had someone respond 12 days after the initial request for more information.
psubrian
Send a message

Post by toolmanzwief
In my opinion, walking trails should be left off of the map. Waze is a driving app. If there is a bike/walking path that has a trailhead with parking available, the parking lot should probably be mapped as a place, but I don't think the trail should be. If a person is abusing Waze by walking with the app open, shouldn't their speed data be negated by other drivers who are actually driving? Unless that type of abuse becomes widespread, I don't anticipate this type of problem becoming an issue.
toolmanzwief
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by toolmanzwief
Have you guys ever had the reporter actually respond to the UR several days after requesting more information? Granted, I don't have a lot of experience with this yet, but I've only ever had two outcomes of this... Either the reporter immediately responds to the request for more information, or they never respond (even after repeated attempts).

If it is worthwhile to request more information 6 and 15 days later, I'm all for it. But my limited experience makes it seem like it is not worth it.
toolmanzwief
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message