Road flooding

Moderators: delilush, the1who, bretmcvey, ehepner1977

Road flooding

Postby lonewolf97 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:46 pm

I've been marking Scott Cty Rd 9/Quaker Ave closed due to flooding at the MN River and it keeps getting removed. Is someone removing it on purpose or is there some other issue?
lonewolf97

Re: Road flooding

Postby tinfoilhattie » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Just saw this, but to close the cold case -- the CR-9 flooding closure was on & off throughout June/July.
Riverbank is close to the road surface, and was ebbing + flooding what feels like every other day when we were getting the summer rains.

I'm thinking maybe traffic was triggering the removal, or perhaps one of us removed it
(including literally me, because I live at the north end near CR-40 and drive that road maybe once a week when it's open : )
Has anyone checked on the llamas lately?

MN State Manager
Milwaukee Area Manager
Seattle Area Manager / NWR Collab Editor

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
tinfoilhattie
State Manager
State Manager

Postby lonewolf97 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:56 pm

So this is happening again. I mark the road closed and by the next day it has been removed and the road appears open. Waze then tries to route me that way to get home or to work.
lonewolf97

Postby karrows » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:49 pm

The in-app closure length has a lot of hidden variables with trust levels and the number of people who report a closure. I don't know all of the details other than there's a lot of factors taken into account. Someone smarter than me will have to reply if you want more details.

Do keep closing roads in app when you can though! We have a discord channel that notifies us whenever there's an in-app closure set. It's not always watched as we are just volunteers, but the more something gets reported the better the chance of someone noticing it.

Anyhow, I checked Scott County's web site and set all of the closures they have listed. Looks like the river levels are going to stay high for a while so I set them to the end of next week for now.
karrows
State Manager
State Manager

Postby lonewolf97 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Scott Cty 9/Carver Cty 11 is still closed and will be for probably at least another 2 weeks. Also the only way into Henderson is Hwy 19 from the west. Scenic Byway is mostly closed. I know it was closed at 295th Ave Apr 5th heading towards Henderson.
lonewolf97

Return to Minnesota