Posts generales anteriores a 2013 (solo lectura)

Suggestions for a Spanish edition

Post by osantosg
Hi Guys,

Just downloaded this app in the Dominican Republic. It looks like a very potential app for our country and other Latin-American countries, but I have a few suggestions to make it work better for the Spanish users:

1. Why not use Google Maps? The maps are already made, all we have to do is report upon them. No building necessary. We don't have a service that reports traffic, so this would be a very potential service provider for countries like ours.

2. What do you need to translate this app into Spanish? If you want I could help. All you need to do is type what you want translated like this:

"Report"="Report" and then I can get back to you with the translation like this: "Report"="Reporte" this way you'll know where to replace the word or phrase.

The concept of building is a nice one, but it involves working. It would be nicer for the community to just report on the live events, by just driving. Thanks for your time.
osantosg
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:74309

Send a message

Post by adriansinger
osantos, estamos trabajando en ello. esperamos tenerlo pronto ;)
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by adriansinger
osantos wrote:Hola Adrian,

ayudé lo más que pude en la sección de traducciones ;-)
lo valoramos muchísimo.

pero me refería a lo de los bb :mrgreen:
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Emeritus Community Manager

Post by macneo
They can't use Google Maps because of license issues. There are talks with other potential map partners, but there's nothing defined yet.

Next version of Waze will probably have Spanish
as you can see, the translation has already begun:
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Oper ... Spanish%29
macneo
Send a message

Post by osantosg
Hi Macneo,

What about developing for blackberries? Our country is full of them, and if we're going to create these maps, we're going to need all the help that we can get ;)
osantosg
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by osantosg
Hola Adrian,

ayudé lo más que pude en la sección de traducciones ;-)
osantosg
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message