Cleveland Map Error I cannot fix

Post by Aaaahhh13
I have tried to fix this error and have been unsuccessful. An approximately 1/2 mile section of Scranton road Southbound is not recognized in Waze. The northbound drive is 0.42 miles, but the southbound is a circuitous 1.78 mile route. Mapping the route below will demonstrate the part of Scranton Road that doesn't appear to be recognized. I have used the "Pave" feature to drive this section of the road many times. I drive it every day and can confirm it is open, construction on this road ended months ago.

Origin: 1899 Carter Road, Cleveland OH
Destination: 1950 Scranton Road, Cleveland OH
Aaaahhh13

POSTER_ID:16879121

Send a message

Post by Aaaahhh13
Thank you for fixing it. I know that Scranton and Carter were both closed for a while and Waze had trouble keeping them closed. I just checked Carter Road and it does the same thing east of Columbus Rd (Start at 1949 Franklin and map back to 1899 Carter).
Aaaahhh13
Send a message

Post by evilspeaks
I have the same issue. There is a section of road in the Chicago area, 1st Ave and Lake in Maywood 60153 that was expected to be closed for an extended period due to work on the RR crossing. They finished early, I don't have the authorization to update the map. Can you do it or let me know who to contact?
evilspeaks
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
I just fixed it so it should route properly when the fix reaches the map (typically a few days to a week).

The problem was that while it was closed for construction for a long time, we were having problems getting it to stay closed. One of the editors added additional penalties to that particular stretch that none of us noticed and removed when we removed the road closures.

Thank you for reporting the problem!
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
I did see that and fixed Carter while I was fixing Scranton. ;)

Thanks again!
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
evilspeaks wrote:I have the same issue. There is a section of road in the Chicago area, 1st Ave and Lake in Maywood 60153 that was expected to be closed for an extended period due to work on the RR crossing. They finished early, I don't have the authorization to update the map. Can you do it or let me know who to contact?
I can't fix it, but if you post in the Illinois forum, someone there can help you.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message