Forum Login Status

Moderator: Unholy

Forum Login Status

Postby fvwazing » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 am

AndyPoms wrote:Sorry for the delay in my response, I was halfway through typing it when we had an EAS Activation here in CT - Amber Alert...


Ah, first things first. Thanks for the tips, everyone. And would it be an idea to have an Amber-Alert-like thing in Waze? (This is the offtopic-forum after all)
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 3593
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:48 pm
Has thanked: 415 times
Been thanked: 385 times

Re: Forum Login Status

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:35 am

fvwazing wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Sorry for the delay in my response, I was halfway through typing it when we had an EAS Activation here in CT - Amber Alert...


Ah, first things first. Thanks for the tips, everyone. And would it be an idea to have an Amber-Alert-like thing in Waze? (This is the offtopic-forum after all)

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28291
Image
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7122
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 1296 times

Re: Forum Login Status

Postby Spil » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 pm

This is what I use for my Waze bookmark button:
https://www.waze.com/signin/?page=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.waze.com%2Fdashboard%2F
This way, the first thing I do when I get here is sign in, then immediately see my Dashboard to see how far down the ranks I'm sinking due to my laptop being out of commission. :cry: ;) I then use a second bookmark button to come to the forum (and having already logged in at the Dashboard, I'm never asked for a login at the forum).
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Image
Spil
 
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Upstate NY, USA
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Forum Login Status

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:14 pm

If you use the method I posted, or the link from jasonh300, you can stay logged into the forum all the time... I use this method on my tablet to stay logged in on the forum all the time so I don't have to log into the Waze website just to check the forums...
Image
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7122
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 1296 times

Re: Forum Login Status

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:16 pm

AndyPoms wrote:If you use the method I posted, or the link from jasonh300, you can stay logged into the forum all the time... I use this method on my tablet to stay logged in on the forum all the time so I don't have to log into the Waze website just to check the forums...

That works fine for the forums, but if the "parent" site doesn't have you logged in, then the dashboard and wiki also make you log in, don't they?
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23480
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1085 times
Been thanked: 4610 times

Re: Forum Login Status

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:19 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:If you use the method I posted, or the link from jasonh300, you can stay logged into the forum all the time... I use this method on my tablet to stay logged in on the forum all the time so I don't have to log into the Waze website just to check the forums...

That works fine for the forums, but if the "parent" site doesn't have you logged in, then the dashboard and wiki also make you log in.

True... But in the past I've experienced weird issues where I was logged out of the forum automatically, but not the main website. Since I logged into the forums this way & then the website separately, this hasn't happened...
Image
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7122
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 1296 times

Re: Forum Login Status

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:21 pm

AndyPoms wrote:True... But in the past I've experienced weird issues where I was logged out of the forum automatically, but not the main website. Since I logged into the forums this way & then the website separately, this hasn't happened...

Ah, and that's why I just log in once to the website and don't have to worry about all the others. And since my browser has my credentials saved (bad security, I know), I only have to click the login button to do so.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23480
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1085 times
Been thanked: 4610 times

Re: Forum Login Status

Postby OldGnome » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:58 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:...And since my browser has my credentials saved (bad security, I know)...

According to an article I recently read in Wired, passwords are inherently insecure, so we're all doomed anyway.

:twisted:
OldGnome
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:14 pm
Location: Riverview, FL USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 28 times

Previous

Return to Off-topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users