Post by WeeeZer14
Jason, that is some crazy luck and timing there too!
mapcat wrote:Obviously the problem lies either with the car, the destination, or your mom. Are any of you the victim of a curse?

The best way to set up the experiment would be to take separate* cars everywhere you go until you can rule out different causes. When the inevitable accident happens, you should be able to rule out one of the factors. Unless your mom ends up rear-ending (or getting hit by) you en route to a museum.

*except your son, who probably shouldn't be driving, and probably should be encased in bubble wrap for the duration of the test
My poor mom is convinced she is the cursed one! She doesn't have a driver's license (born and raised in NYC, she never needed a car) so that makes testing more difficult. Though she and my dad haven't been rear ended recently, so it can't just be her.

In these 4 months we've put something like 7 thousand miles on the car, mostly with myself, my wife, and my son in the car. So it shouldn't be us 3. And we've gone to many zoos and museums just the 3 of us with no issues.

So it must be the combination of my mom plus a children's museum.

And the really ironic/strange part is that while at the museum we purchased a family pass that lets us and grandparents get in free at this museum plus 150 others in the US. Now that we can go, I am not sure that we should! :lol:
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
Not immediately, but yes. After making sure everyone was okay.

Just got the car back last Friday. $2,400 worth of damage. Last time was $800. I'm glad it is a company car so we don't have to pay a dime nor worry about insurance rates ;)

We picked up the car on April 24th. Yesterday the car was in for its 10,000 mile service with 10,123 miles on the odometer. Although I work from home, that means I've been driving as if I had a daily round trip commute of 62 miles a day, seven days a week (or like 86 miles a day, Mon to Fri) if my back of envelope math is right.

And I leave tomorrow to drive (yes drive) up to Boston, so by this time next week that will be about another 2,000 miles added.

And even with all those miles, we can still go a week or two with out touching a car at all. It is just when we do, we are in the car for HOURS :)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator