Post by mssusa
There are things that can't be rationalized. They are beyond the human mind, at least this human's mind.

There was this maid here who decapitated her employers 4 yr old girl a few weeks ago. They had her on tv for an interview. She did not make any sense and was actually agitated because no one is understanding her. She said she loves her employers and especially the little girl. And they say they loved her back and everything was normal for 3 years. Until that terrible day when they got back to find this ugliness.

I just pray that I and my loved ones never face such a tragedy, and that those who do find some sort of peace to help them through the rest of their own lives.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
Yeah.

:( :shock:
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
I, for one, am glad to see a debate about firearms anywhere it can take place.

I have been a hunter, sportsman and shooting enthusiast since I was twelve years old - less than six years after John Kennedy was killed by a nut with a single-shot, bolt-action rifle.

Guns aren't the problem. Guns are only the weapon used by some to express anger and seek revenge in these tragedies. The same day as the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy, someone in China attempted largely the same thing with a knife. We will not be able to keep weapons, bats, cars, electricity or any other useful tool out of the hands of those who would use them for ill. The weapons used at Sandy Hook were legally owned, by who seems to be the gunman's first victim, his mother.

I agree that there are those who should not be allowed access to guns. I agree there are places where guns should not be allowed. However, I firmly believe that if every individual seeking to gun others down had to stop and consider whether there could be someone returning fire, many of these gun-related tragedies could be prevented.

I do not mean by this that everyone should rush out, buy a gun and strap it on. One must carefully consider whether you are capable of defending yourself and others, if the situation calls for it. One must also be educated and practiced in how to handle a gun and especially themselves in high-stress and dangerous situations. One must practice. One must take the responsibility of carrying a weapon as seriously as the potential consequences of using one.

There have been bad actors and tragedies in their wakes for as long as people have disagreed. As our pastor said in his sermon this morning, we cannot prevent evil from visiting. We can only seek God's face and His wisdom in the hopes that those who would commit atrocities can be helped before they act. We can only pray that everyone affected - and that casts a net far and wide to include every one of us participating in this thread - can find peace in the midst of so much sorrow.

It is not my intention to preach; I do not mean to offend, and I know there are those of many divergent backgrounds, world views and beliefs who will read this. However, I can only put this in terms that make sense to me. I was wondering why I have felt out of sorts the past two days until it occurred during service this morning that every one of us is affected by this horror, just as so many have been affected by other killings, whether near to home or far away. As for me, I can only pray.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by razor2k
Spil wrote:
bgodette wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Surely the right to bear arms has to be questioned (again) though. How many more of these can the American people take?!
Because crazy always finds a way. It's simply the most convenient tool for them even tho more effective means of mass-murder exist that can be made at home from completely legal items.
Precisely. Passing stricter gun control laws in an attempt to prevent situations like this is the same as making it harder to legally buy and own cars in an attempt to prevent drunk-driving fatalities. It's not the instrument that's at fault ... I read somewhere that more Americans are killed each year by baseball bats than by legally-owned firearms, but no one tries to ban Louisville Sluggers. :roll:

That said, my heart aches for those who have lost loved ones (children and adults alike) in this latest tragedy, and I pray that they will be able to find comfort. :cry:

That said, my heart aches for those who have lost loved ones (children and adults alike) in this latest tragedy, and I pray that they will be able to find comfort. :cry:[/quote]

In times like this...it's hard for people to understand that the gun is not the problem. But you have to see it for what it is. A gun is an inanimate object..that's it. The gun does not get up on its own and says "I want to shoot somebody today" It's the person who owns or has stolen the gun that makes that decision.

By all accounts and data, everywhere that there is licensing for owning guns...crime rates in those cities have gone down. So as the old saying goes.."if you outlaw guns..only outlaws will have guns" and they will use them too!
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by razor2k
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:... general decorum is still required.
Agreed.
Good taste or not....this is an open forum...anyone can post whatever they want as long as it's not profane. So I say...bring it on 8-)
razor2k
Send a message
Last edited by razor2k on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by Spil
bgodette wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Surely the right to bear arms has to be questioned (again) though. How many more of these can the American people take?!
Because crazy always finds a way. It's simply the most convenient tool for them even tho more effective means of mass-murder exist that can be made at home from completely legal items.
Precisely. Passing stricter gun control laws in an attempt to prevent situations like this is the same as making it harder to legally buy and own cars in an attempt to prevent drunk-driving fatalities. It's not the instrument that's at fault ... I read somewhere that more Americans are killed each year by baseball bats than by legally-owned firearms, but no one tries to ban Louisville Sluggers. :roll:

That said, my heart aches for those who have lost loved ones (children and adults alike) in this latest tragedy, and I pray that they will be able to find comfort. :cry:
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by WeeeZer14
And on Tuesday of this week 2 people (plus the shooter) were killed at a shopping mall in Oregon.

Killing adults is one thing, but killing children is an extra special kind of horrible.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator