Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

747 crash

Post by razor2k
I'm sure many of you have seen this by now:

As an aviation buff, I'm wondering what some of your theories are as to how this might have happened. Seems to me that angle of attack was too great and thus it would just fall out of the sky. Maybe cargo was not balanced properly and weighed the rear of the plane down?

Thoughts?
razor2k

POSTER_ID:7339637

Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by cherianchris
The weather doesn't look too rosy.. Could a crosswind have that effect on a possibly empty 747?

Chris>MB526>Tapatalk 2
cherianchris  
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by jasonh300
That's the first time I've seen the whole thing including the actual crash.

I thought they pretty well explained that it was loaded with heavy equipment like APCs and they broke loose and all moved toward the tail of the plane. They were showing a simulation of that on TV yesterday, but I was only passively watching so I didn't get the exact details or if it was just a theory. It does make sense considering that the tail appears to just drop at one point, as if the center of gravity changed drastically.

Either that, or there was suddenly a 200 mph tail wind that came out of nowhere. But I wouldn't expect the plane to stand up on end if that happened, and that would be impossible anyway.

In curious about the car that the video came from. Was that a police officer or military? I can't believe that he only said one word (expletive) throughout the whole 3 minute video and that was halfway through it. Then, did he run over a dog at some point?

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by razor2k
cherianchris wrote:The weather doesn't look too rosy.. Could a crosswind have that effect on a possibly empty 747?

Chris>MB526>Tapatalk 2
Don't know about that...never thought about the empty weight of a plane. But I do know planes can land and take off with pretty strong crosswinds.

Now...maybe a strong downdraft if there were storms in the area?
razor2k
Send a message

Post by razor2k
First off....I guess cargo did shift on takeoff..I haven't seen the news lately, didn't know this was a theory.

You are right about the dog getting run over..I heard the yelp. :o

Maybe it was a police/military vehicle...as seen by the antenna.

You are an observant guy Jason 8-)
razor2k
Send a message