Page update - Parking Lot Area

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Page update - Parking Lot Area

Postby dBsooner » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:09 pm

mariettagecko wrote:After having just had a discussion in Discord with Karlcr9911 (RC), he recommended that I post a page update request in here. I was going through the wazeopedia because of a problem I was dealing with regarding Parking Lot areas. While we were working on that, he indicated to me that the building around which the PLA lies should not be included in the PLA polygon. When I asked why, he said that this was because of this section of the PLA page:

For planned parking features to be announced later, it's important that the shape of the polygon be drawn as close as possible to the actual shape of the parking lot, including the entry/exit location.
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Pl ... ot#Drawing

When I read that, I didn't read it that way. Can I recommend that if it is intended that a place where there's a street-level parking lot around a structure has the PLA not include the structure itself, we please make that more clear in the WoP?

--
Erik Plossl (mariettagecko(2))

Erik, thank you for the suggestion! Can you use “quotes” and show the current wording in one block and what you propose to change it to in another? That will make it easier for us to understand your requested wording change.

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dBsooner

Page update - Parking Lot Area

Postby mariettagecko » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 pm

After having just had a discussion in Discord with Karlcr9911 (RC), he recommended that I post a page update request in here. I was going through the wazeopedia because of a problem I was dealing with regarding Parking Lot areas. While we were working on that, he indicated to me that the building around which the PLA lies should not be included in the PLA polygon. When I asked why, he said that this was because of this section of the PLA page:

For planned parking features to be announced later, it's important that the shape of the polygon be drawn as close as possible to the actual shape of the parking lot, including the entry/exit location.
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Pl ... ot#Drawing

When I read that, I didn't read it that way. Can I recommend that if it is intended that a place where there's a street-level parking lot around a structure has the PLA not include the structure itself, we please make that more clear in the WoP?

--
Erik Plossl (mariettagecko(2))
mariettagecko

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion