[New Page] State Manager (SM)

Moderator: Unholy

Re: [New Page] State Manager (SM)

Postby Fredo-p » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:17 am

nhanway wrote:Do editors who are interested in becoming a SM have to already have editing rights to the whole state? Or will they be granted Editing rights when they become a SM?
If the later is true. Will SM show up in the Area Managers Layer?

No. If they are approved, they will be "upgraded" to access to the entire state.

nhanway wrote:Will there be some sort of formal Application or do editors seeking to become SM have to ask a champ to endorse them/ ask the RC?

As far as I know, it's by recommendation right now. If an editor feels qualified, they request it via their local champ or RC. But I think it might become/move towards an editor being nominated and asked if they would like the title by a local champ.

Either way, one or more champs will have to nominate a local editor. They will have to convince the RC that the mentioned editor is qualified via examples and personal experiences.

If you feel as though your ready to become an SM, then send Alan a PM and request to be on the SM list. I'm sure he will gladly select you as an SM once the program is given the green light.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [New Page] State Manager (SM)

Postby nhanway » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:42 am

Hello,

I think this is a great idea. I kind of feel like the Washington State SM already. I already do everything that the proposed SM's will do, but I don't have the title, SM.

I'm sure orbitc and others are figuring out the details of this new community role but I have a couple questions. Hopefully these questions will also help build the Wiki Page.

Do editors who are interested in becoming a SM have to already have editing rights to the whole state? Or will they be granted Editing rights when they become a SM?
If the later is true. Will SM show up in the Area Managers Layer?

Will there be some sort of formal Application or do editors seeking to become SM have to ask a champ to endorse them/ ask the RC?

Champ endorsement? How exactly does this work?
nhanway
State Manager
State Manager

[New Page] State Manager (SM)

Postby Fredo-p » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:29 am

As posted by Orbitc in this thread: Subject: New Community Role: State Manager (SM)

[Update]
The new page is live. State Manager

As the exact details are being worked out, I have gone ahead and placed what I could into potential sections. Once the official definition and responsibilities have been ironed out, this page should be finished very quickly.

EDIT Aug 2, 2014: A poll was created to get input on a new state manager forum badge. Be sure to go to that page to vote.
Last edited by Fredo-p on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Previous

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion