Post by Fredo-p
[UPDATE]

Any poll references have been removed as Waze is already working on an SM badge.
Fredo-p
Send a message
Last edited by Fredo-p on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
SuperDave1426 wrote:One question I have: Since it's an off-site survey, what's to keep someone from voting more than once?
That was an option I selected to ensure "quality control". It was "Only one vote per computer" and "voters and not edit their votes".

So it's a one time vote from one IP address and that's it. For a free/basic account, I sure am given some restricting controls over the voting.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
True. All I know is I selected the option for single vote only. I've already got 4 responses and I have IP data from them, even though that won't be helpful as that type of info isn't necessary for this poll.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
See if you can't "trick" the survey from the same computer to do multiple votes.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
No. Your poll will do nicely. With my survey, you would need me to constantly post updates. The forum poll is a more direct and instant answer.

P.S.
FIRST VOTE!!!!! :D
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
kentsmith9 wrote::oops: I forgot to vote. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Fredo-p wrote:I'm loving it, but, is it just me, or do these flags seem kind of like the Imperial Flags of Japan from WWII? Especially the CM one.
Well, I said it as a joke. I then took a look at the Poll thread and saw this....I am not alone. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DwarfLord wrote:2. It may not be completely a joke about the resemblance of the proposed new CM flag to that of the Japanese Imperial Navy. I can only speak for myself, but every time I look at the proposed CM flag I think of kamikazes, Pearl Harbor, and cries of "Tora! Tora! Tora!" the hardhat notwithstanding. This unintended association may be even less desirable in some other countries, but we are proposing changing the badge for all CMs worldwide with very little worldwide input (none?) so far. The current CM badge reminds me more of the United Nations, AFAIK there has been no complaint about it.
SMs are now Land of the Rising Hardhats.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
I just read it and understand.

So what we would need to do, in order to update the page, is establish the exact roles for a State Manager and State Coordinator.

There would have to be a completely clear explanation between editor and coordinator.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
That's how I'm understanding it as well. The SM would be focused on edits throughout the state and maintaining a quality control like role. The SC would be like an RC, but with the state in mind.

So the SC's would help to alleviate the RC's responsibilities, in a way, by working solely on their state and reporting to the RC every so often? Kind of like a chain-of-command.

Regional Coordinator<State Coordinator<State Manager<Area Manager<Editor
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
So, would this be how the flowchart would go?
Waze Flow Chart.jpg
(38.63 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
Fredo-p
Send a message