[Update] Road Closures

Moderator: Unholy

[Update] Road Closures

Postby Fredo-p » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 am

This page will need to be updated to reflect the new closures Doc that is being used. I am not aware of the exact details so someone with the knowledge will need to place this information in the correct location.

Road Closures
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Update] Road Closures

Postby CBenson » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:20 am

I'm not sure how to do that at this point. The sheet I'm aware of is for the US. I'm not sure how other countries are handling closures for construction. That page is a general page linked to from here. We'll have to decide where this information should be included in the wiki.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:32 am

A number of other countries have their own closure docs – the US wasn't the first.

I guess guidance should be to contact a CM/RC and have them put it on the document, if there is one? It'd be nice to have a list of countries that have closure documents, but at the same time, I don't want to have that list go out of date and people doing manual disconnects where closures could be done instead.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Fredo-p » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:38 am

sketch wrote:A number of other countries have their own closure docs – the US wasn't the first.

I guess guidance should be to contact a CM/RC and have them put it on the document, if there is one? It'd be nice to have a list of countries that have closure documents, but at the same time, I don't want to have that list go out of date and people doing manual disconnects where closures could be done instead.

To find that out I'm think that this question would need to be moved to the champs thread. You could also get great consensus as to how to make a closures page that is universal and sub pages for each country as needed.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby kentsmith9 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:26 am

I did not see the "other road closure form" discussion. Can someone post the link in this thread to eliminate everyone wasting time searching for what we don't know about? ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:23 am

It's in the US Waze Champs forum. I think the idea is to keep the document itself to Champs and CMs because it's a pretty powerful document. We should, however, come up with a proper procedure for other editors to follow (contact a CM / US Champ / your RC).
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Fredo-p » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:26 am

sketch wrote:It's in the US Waze Champs forum. I think the idea is to keep the document itself to Champs and CMs because it's a pretty powerful document. We should, however, come up with a proper procedure for other editors to follow (contact a CM / US Champ / your RC).

If I may. I was brought to light about this closure doc by nnote. He informed us AZ editors on the proper way to handle road closures.

With that in mind, ply8808 made a "copy" of the actual closures doc. The copy follows the exact format as the real one. This way, if any AZ editor finds out about a closure in the time required, they input the data onto the doc. All editors have signed up to receive alerts to when the doc has been updated. This way, there isn't any wait time and the champs can go ahead and just copy/paste to the real doc.

It's been this way for nearly two weeks, I think. All closures reported have been submitted and applied in a timely manner.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Fredo-p » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:31 am

Every state or RC can have a submission doc where editors can place the closures. They can then just apply it to the actual doc.

Or, I could just make an auto-fill form/doc via Google Docs that any editor can access. It would just be a series of blocks and drop down menus to fill out. The format would still produce the same results as that of the main closures doc. Then, access can be given to all Champs/CM's.

This second method could be seen as a way to ensure requests aren't lost with 50 docs to fill out. Each RC is in charge of a set number of states. I don't think they would want to have the task of going through each state's request doc.

Just thought of this, I could just make a doc for each region instead of having one major doc or 50 scattered.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby sketch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 am

That's a really good idea. Kudos to Arizona.
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Fredo-p » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:37 am

The real question is, do all Champs/CMs have a Google account?
Are they familiar with Google Docs?

I'm guessing it's yes to the latter since the real doc is most likely a Google Doc. I want to ensure if centralized doc is made so editors can submit and Champs/CM's access isn't something that limits availability due to the platform its on.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Next

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion