Post by Fredo-p
Good idea about changing it to past tense, then phasing it out. I didn't look into the other bullet points yet as I was just focusing on getting the closures form in there first.

I did want to look at updating any instructions that may be outdated, however, when I checked the discussions tab, I notices another thread was listed as a ref to updating that page.

So I didn't want to make any actual changes until the other thread was made aware and cooperation was established on both this thread and the other. I forget what the linked thread was about but I believe its one that Kent and CBenson have starting regarding US roads.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Guess I should add this threads URL to the discussion tab.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
I have incorporated the changes mentioned. Let me know how it looks.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Haven't looked to verify this, but wouldn't the (Closed) tag and restricting "turns" to the closed segments work?
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
So we can get an idea on what to do with the closures page and the section on splitting a segment, what is the overall consensus as to updating the "Disconnect Road Segments" section of the page?

Also, is this Road Closure page a US specific page or open to everyone? If so, I will need to indicate that the closure form is USA only.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
kentsmith9 wrote:Non sequitur:

sketch has thanked the devil. ;)

Just kidding buddy! :D
THANK YOU SKETCH...That will be one soul!!!
troll-devil-l.png
(54.85 KiB) Downloaded 623 times
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by GizmoGuy411
Let's do it!

I agree, it needs to go live quickly now that closures are in WME prod.

And don't forget to Login to the Wiki to see the latest changes before commenting.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by HavanaDay
I keep forgetting to post this but saw the thread reborn and it reminded me.

Do we need to put a note under long term closures that the barber pole does not show when multiple closures are added on one segment. (Last time I checked this was the case)
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
An L3 new to using RTCs pointed out that the instructions on restricting cross-traffic could use improvement
When adding a Real-Time Closure consider whether any cross traffic will be blocked as well.
  • If traffic going across your Real-Time Closure at a junction must be blocked as well, you will need to close one of the cross street segments as well.
  • You should close the segment leading away from the main road with the Real-Time Closure.
  • If the cross street is a two way street, close only the shorter segment.
  • When closing a two way cross street segment, only set the Real-Time Closure to the direction leading away from the Temporary Closure.
The section in red is only correct if you do so by closing both cross segments (closing both one-way, in opposite directions, leading away from the intersection). As the guidance stands, traffic will be permitted to cross the intersection in one direction.

The current MTE guidance material (that you receive when asking for an MTE spreadsheet) instructs to close the shorter 2-way segment, in both directions. While that method is simpler, closing both crossing segments in one direction each provides a mild improvement for routing to destinations near the closure.

Should the wiki (text and images) be updated to reflect closing 2 segments when 2-way traffic is present, and should then the MTE material be updated to match?
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message