Bad information in Create_road

Post by voludu2
at https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Create_road# ... ng_details

There is a big box that says
Paved roads do not appear until being "touched" in the editor; roads created in the editor, even if not missing key properties, do appear on the map in the Waze app.
I believe this to be incorrect because:
* It has been my observation that roads created in the editor, if missing the name, do NOT appear in the Waze app. It is necessary to at least check the "none" box.

So this information is misleading. New editors think they can create a road and leave it an unnamed segment. They don't realize they have to "Edit" and check boxes for name and city.
voludu2

POSTER_ID:16966196

Send a message

Post by CBenson
My experience is that red roads created in the editor can appear on the map in the waze app.

See for instance the red roads here.
RedRoadWawa.png
(125.74 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
I agree its confusing and should be changed.

I don't know if all red roads created in the editor show in the client map or not. As you note, you can find red roads on the map that don't show on the map.

It looks to me like "even if not confirmed, will appear on the map" was changed to "even if not missing key properties, do appear on the map." I would think "not confirmed" was intended to be replaced by "missing key properties" and the "not" was left in by mistake.

At this point unless someone has better information or wants to make more substantial changes, I would propose:

Paved roads do not appear until being "touched" in the editor; roads created in the editor, even if missing key properties, may appear on the map.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
No, I have no problem with removing the unclear double-negative. Sorry, I added to my post as you responded.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I don't know. But I'm not sure that's an editor created road. I've seen plenty of red client paved roads that go through buildings and the like because the GPS is clearly off in the client that is doing the paving.

In this case, there is no clear sign that a user was on some nearby road. However, whenever I create a road in the editor, both the created and updated properties get created. I'm suspecting that the system isn't showing these roads on the client or live map because there is no "updated" information. I don't how you can get a red road that has no "updated" information other than by paving with the client.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Well I haven't driven down Hayburn Rd in awhile. Although waze has routed me that way to avoid traffic at the intersection of Routes 1 and 202 if heading to Wilmington from Chadds Ford. However, I would be surprised if there is any missing road around there.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I never did validate the original change that added that content, so if you two are convinced this new change is more accurate I support it.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Apologies. I have been trying to absorb so much information lately, and I have noticed several red roads that don't appear on live map. I guess I thought they were editor-created, because they didn't look like a drunk driving around a parking lot.

Do you know what is the minimum info required to make a red road appear on the live map?
I would like to tighten up this section because, at a minimum,
roads ... even if not missing key properties,
is really confusing.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
OK. Any problem with me removing the wrong-meaning double-negative for the benefit of the community?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I made that 1-word change.
voludu2
Send a message