Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by sketch
I like the idea of that, but only if there's a way to show that those lines are clearly underground (i.e., a very faint display of underground rail lines, almost a mere suggestion, sort of like how tunnels are displayed in live map). It's not even really useful, unless you're trying to get to a subway station or something, but it's cool.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by subs5
Hi, since the WME has been updated to not allow TRs to a road segment (S, PS, PR, mH, MH, FW, PLR), is it time for the railroad wiki to be changed so that

1) "Do not enable turns at railroad crossings." is removed from the July 2015 paragraph.
2) For the guidelines on Railroads, replace "Restrict turns to and from the railroad segments." with "Turns from railroad segments to driveable road segments do not show up anymore. Make sure the appropriate road segment TRs are present."

Please provide your comments or suggestions below. V/r subs5
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Off Topic
There is no global page of Road Types yet. I think much of the (non)USA content can be used to make one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
nzahn1 wrote:Without further objections I will add the following language to the wiki. Bolding can be added at a later date if consensus is reached.
First, it provides drivers with visual orientation relative to railroad and light-rail tracks.
...except that the app doesn't [yet] show railroads on the map for [ordinary] users. It might be worth mentioning this, and that railroads will [hopefully] be shown in the future.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by voludu2
Nzahn1, can you propose some text for this?
voludu2
Send a message