Color schemes thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Color schemes thread

Postby jayarrr » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:39 pm

My phone has upgraded to Android 7 and now I can't find the Waze folder which makes it difficult to replace the Waze lua files with my own. :(
Have tried using Android file manager and also connecting in via the USB port but no sign of Waze anywhere.
Phone is Galaxy s6. Android is 7.0
Bit stuck at the moment.
Any suggestions?

Sorted:
Have to root the phone and install a root explorer or similar.
I used CF-Auto-Root to root the phone (blows KNOX but hey, the phone is old and out of warranty anyway).
For the file explorer I am using Total Commander.
The skin LUA files are in
/data/data/com.waze/waze/skins/default
jayarrr

Postby MrUberX » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:34 am

Hi, I've got a new phone with Android 7.0 and I do not have option to choose the colur schemes. How do I resolve this issue?
MrUberX

iOS File Sharing to allow colour schema changes

Postby jtonlinedotinfo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi.,

As I understand it, from Apple iOS 8.3 onwards it's not possible for file management programs such as iFunBox and iTools to access the Documents folder of apps that don't have 'iTunes File Sharing' enabled.

I have an iPhone running iOS 12.1.2 with Waze release 4.46.2.2 App and, as such, I can't upload Waze colour scheme changes without jailbreaking my phone.

I've looked at my iPhone using the aforementioned programs and some of the third party apps installed have file sharing enabled and some do not.

Apparently, only the developer of an iOS app can enable iTunes File Sharing. According to the author of an article I was reading online, it's an extremely easy thing for a developer to enable.

What's the best way to ask the Waze dev's if this is something they would enable for a future release? Raise a support ticket?
jtonlinedotinfo

Postby fuchserl » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Yes, asking them again and again on all possible ways is the only thing we users can do. Otherwise they think everybody is fine with it anyway.
Wolfgang

Localiser (DE), Beta-WME, Android App Beta Leader, L6, LC, AM, CM (AT, BF, CD, CF, CG, CM, DJ, ER, ET, GH, GN, GQ, KE, SD, SO, SS, TD, UG)
[ img ]
fuchserl
Map Editor - Level 6
Map Editor - Level 6

Previous

Return to Waze App