[TERM CHANGE - ACROSS WIKI] Avoid the word *SPLIT*

Moderator: Unholy

Re: [TERM CHANGE - ACROSS WIKI] Avoid the word *SPLIT*

Postby PesachZ » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:40 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:The only discussion is how to format and word a disambiguation page.

I had proposed this wording already:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Split_(disambiguation)/Temp
We can further tweak it to ensure the new terms are used in the text for the disambiguation. Then when the other page/section changes are completed, we link to those places from the DAB.

The other changes should be made to the glossary as already noted. To some degree that entry for Split in the glossary will somewhat appear like a DAB as well, but we already agreed this was a special case that would benefit people more than it would cost in maintenance/redundancy.

Since the temp page you linked above is now Identical to the main DAB page, I think we can delete and just work in the main page. Is it OK to start populating the links to the sections which already exist?

I belive Voludu2 has something ready to go for the glossary, so lets get that up too.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:19 pm

• I update the main DAB page to include the deprecated notice, and links to the sections. The links can be updated again if they need to change.
  • I updated the glossary entry with the suggested text from the DAB talk page, and deleted the text from talk page. The glossary no longer links to the DAB but instead to the individual pages.
  • I changed the redirect on [[Split]] to point to the glossary entry.
  • The split DAB /Temp page can be deleted now, since it is duplicated in the main page. I added a {{ToDelete}} marker on it.
We now just need to go through the and update the terminology wherever we find it, as we find it. When the new sections/pages get updated for how to divide and un-divide roads, we can update these links to point to the new titles.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby voludu2 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:40 pm

For my part, wherever I encounter the term split, I am making the change. This includes in section headings. When I change the section heading, I have been leaving behind an anchor, so that links to those sections will still work.

[ img ]
USA Northeast Region Discord Chat
State Manager - Pennsylvania
Country Manager - USA and Thailand
Wiki Master, Global Mentor
utilitas, simplicitas, retentionis
voludu2
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby PesachZ » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:44 pm

voludu2 wrote:For my part, wherever I encounter the term split, I am making the change. This includes in section headings. When I change the section heading, I have been leaving behind an anchor, so that links to those sections will still work.

Excellent thank you. To be entirely comprehensive, you can pull the list of what links here, and change any wiki links to piont to the new heading.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Previous

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion