[PAGE UPDATE] Waze_Map_Editor

Post by voludu2
I think that https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Waze_Map_Editor should be the comprehensive guide to the naked WME interface.

The Quick-Start guide is already the friendly, easy-to-get-started-with guide for beginning users, and I think that some quick-start stuff beginning editors need to know should go into the quick-start guide.

Meanwhile, when changes happen to the WME interface (such as the settings introduced this weekend), they should go right into the Waze_Map_Editor page, even if they don't need to go into the quick-start guide.

By way of demonstrating what I mean, I have added a section to the Waze_Map_Editor page but not to the quick-start page
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Waze_Map_Editor#Settings

Please remove this section immediately if it is deemed not suitable for this page.

________
I think that the quick-start guide was meant to have the beginner-level information, while this one was to have everything else, but I think that over time they have become interleaved -- and WME has changed constantly all that time. I hope to bring things up to the present and also help keep them simple.
voludu2

POSTER_ID:16966196

Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Voludu , please create sandbox pages in the future if you want to put up a strawman that you think requires consensus
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
It is a bit wordy. Some are more self-explanatory than others. For the former, I would not put in two bullet points I would just summarize the meaning of the setting. You did that with units. Example:

Draw new roads as two-way
* if checked: all new roads you draw will be two-way.
* if unchecked, all new roads will be one-way

Could simply be...
Draw new roads as two-way - determines whether any new road segments you draw start as two-way or one-way
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by voludu2
Sorry. I thought it was a pretty safe bet that this one belongs in the page.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
qwaletee wrote:It is a bit wordy.
Yes it is. I struggled with this a bit, as I wished to clarify what happens if the box is checked and if it is not checked.

Please go ahead an make the improvement directly in the wiki. That's the beauty of the wiki. Don't worry -- If we really hate your change, someone can revert it.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by vosvik03
Sir please update the map in UAE handsets. some cameras were updated in Live map but sitll showing in the handsets. Also Voice command is giving wrong command. For example it is saying keep right where you should be keeping left for an exit.
vosvik03
Send a message