Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

The FAQ & Addresses

Post by AndyPoms
Item #33 (last paragraph) wrote:The Waze map editor currently allows for the limited placement and adjustment of addresses on streets, and while it is a good idea to update this address information for accuracy, it is not currently being used by Waze for navigation except in cases where Google fails to return a result.
I could have sworn I saw a post a while ago (a year or more) that said that Google was preferred over the imported house numbers UNLESS those house numbers had been added or updated by a user (who is trusted more than the Google markers).

I've had good experiences (recently) adjusting house numbers & getting the results to show in the app - HOWEVER, you can NOT accept the auto-complete suggestions. You have to type it all in yourself & hit the search button (magnifying glass on keyboard) AND make sure you are looking at the Waze tab for the result.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:4797498

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
dmcrandall wrote:As long as the house number has been touched/bumped/adjusted by an editor, they will be preferred.
That's what I thought...

So, I think we need to update this part of the FAQ
Item #33 (last paragraph) wrote:The Waze map editor currently allows for the limited placement and adjustment of addresses on streets, and while it is a good idea to update this address information for accuracy, it is not currently being used by Waze for navigation except in cases where Google fails to return a result.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by dmcrandall
As long as the house number has been touched/bumped/adjusted by an editor, they will be preferred.

Spelling errors are courtesy of large thumbs and a small smartphome keyboard.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)