{DISCUSSION} Pages Nominated for Wazopedia GLOBAL wiki

Moderator: Unholy

Re: {DISCUSSION} Pages Nominated for Wazopedia GLOBAL wiki

Postby SeZAKxing » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:38 am

{I did not read pages 2-4 so if this may be a duplicate suggestion}
Suggestion for Best Editing Practice page please re order the "In Practice" list so parking lots are first (which is where new editors are more likely to be spotted) and put Dividing and un-dividing last.
possible order.

a more logical / experience /lock level based order may be more useful:
2.1 Parking Lots
2.2 Junction Style Guide
2.3 When to Create a Roundabout
2.4 Time Restricted Turns
2.5 When to Use Ramps in an Intersection
2.6 Locking Segments
2.7 Toll Roads
2.8 Highways and Ramps
2.9 Dividing and un-dividing divided highways
(random character guy)
[ img ]
Area Manager in VA; Culpeper to Amherst, Rockingham to Cumberland
SeZAKxing
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby subs5 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:24 am

This portion of the Creating and editing road segments page needs to be updated to add Speed Limits as a legitimate reason for having a two-segment junction. The recent addition of Speed Limits sometimes requires a junction to properly annotate where the SL changes.
You can add USA and any other country that uses Speed Limits.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PesachZ » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:30 am

subs5 wrote:This portion of the Creating and editing road segments page needs to be updated to add Speed Limits as a legitimate reason for having a two-segment junction. The recent addition of Speed Limits sometimes requires a junction to properly annotate where the SL changes.
You can add USA and any other country that uses Speed Limits.

SeZAKxing wrote:{I did not read pages 2-4 so if this may be a duplicate suggestion}
Suggestion for Best Editing Practice page please re order the "In Practice" list so parking lots are first (which is where new editors are more likely to be spotted) and put Dividing and un-dividing last.
possible order.

a more logical / experience /lock level based order may be more useful:
2.1 Parking Lots
2.2 Junction Style Guide
2.3 When to Create a Roundabout
2.4 Time Restricted Turns
2.5 When to Use Ramps in an Intersection
2.6 Locking Segments
2.7 Toll Roads
2.8 Highways and Ramps
2.9 Dividing and un-dividing divided highways

These may be both good suggestions but they are in the wrong place. Each one should be placed in the thread dedicated to discussing updates to that page. If such a thread does not yet exist, please create a new one.

The purpose of this thread is as outlined in the OP (quoted below):
PesachZ wrote:
Editors can discuss here if they feel a certain page should be nominated to be included as a Global page in the global instance of the soon-to-be new Wazopedia.
They can also use this thread to discuss if they think a page which has already been nominated for the global wiki, would be better left out of the global wiki, and instead belongs better in a local wiki.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby subs5 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:33 am

PesachZ wrote:
Editors can discuss here if they feel a certain page should be nominated to be included as a Global page in the global instance of the soon-to-be new Wazopedia.
They can also use this thread to discuss if they think a page which has already been nominated for the global wiki, would be better left out of the global wiki, and instead belongs better in a local wiki.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk[/quote]

Tried that it didn't link properly so I posted here.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PesachZ » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:44 am

subs5 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:

Tried that it didn't link properly so I posted here.

Are you saying you tried creating a new discussion thread but weren't able to? I can help create the thread if you need.

Edit : the correct place for you to post would be the existing thread in this forum [PAGE UPDATE]Creating and editing road segments(Global)
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby subs5 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:06 am

thanks done
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PesachZ » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:27 am

The Rest areas page is marked as a global Wazeopedia nominee, however the very first sentence of the page isolates it as USA based local guideline.
This article is a US-based set of guidelines. It includes the community recommended guidelines for mapping rest areas.

I propose that this page be removed from the global nomination, and if portions of it are later deemed relevant to the global community a new page can be created and derive from it the relevant content.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby deeploz » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:23 am

Agreed PesachZ.

This page would have been a very sound basis for a Global page providing global guidance in editing rest areas and I've marked up as Global for that reason, one year ago, with a totaly different vision of what should be a Global Wiki than we try to have today.

But considering the uncertain direction of the Global wiki about Global guidance and considering that our US fellows don't have to wait for the Global team to update a page that is, obviously, THEIR page, I can only agree with this proposition to demote the rest area page.
deeploz
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby PesachZ » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:29 pm

PesachZ wrote:The Rest areas page is marked as a global Wazeopedia nominee, however the very first sentence of the page isolates it as USA based local guideline.
This article is a US-based set of guidelines. It includes the community recommended guidelines for mapping rest areas.

I propose that this page be removed from the global nomination, and if portions of it are later deemed relevant to the global community a new page can be created and derive from it the relevant content.

A poll has been created for this, we should have an official answer within 7 days.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby DwarfLord » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:33 am

The Global Places wiki article currently encourages interior photographs, including restaurant menus, interior décor, and so forth. At least, it encourages them in one section, and does not strongly discourage them anywhere else.

My understanding is that the global Waze community expects all photographs to be of the outside. This is because Waze offers a photograph when navigating to a Place, and inside photographs do not help.

So, I would like to offer new wiki language to clarify that inside photographs are not acceptable.

Before I put any work into it, I would like to check with the international community. Are there countries where inside photographs are acceptable and encouraged?

I brought this up a month ago in the [Wazeopedia] Places thread but have received only one response, from a US editor. As this is a global page it is critical to have global feedback before continuing.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

PreviousNext

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion