Post by robindlc
sketch wrote:Edit: the discussion about this uturn section starts here, and has not yet been implemented. Please post there to support the changes.
Many thanks for the info :)

The problem IMO is that this particular page of the wiki points to this thread for discussions... the ideal would be to point directly to the thread where the particular discussion for that page is held.

Again, many thanks.
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SeZAKxing
{I did not read pages 2-4 so if this may be a duplicate suggestion}
Suggestion for Best Editing Practice page please re order the "In Practice" list so parking lots are first (which is where new editors are more likely to be spotted) and put Dividing and un-dividing last.
possible order.

a more logical / experience /lock level based order may be more useful:
2.1 Parking Lots
2.2 Junction Style Guide
2.3 When to Create a Roundabout
2.4 Time Restricted Turns
2.5 When to Use Ramps in an Intersection
2.6 Locking Segments
2.7 Toll Roads
2.8 Highways and Ramps
2.9 Dividing and un-dividing divided highways
SeZAKxing
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
(random character guy)
images/ranks/EditLevel4_Badge.png
Area Manager in VA; Culpeper to Amherst, Rockingham to Cumberland

Post by sketch
Timbones wrote:I feel that Road Types/USA and Road Names/USA need significant rewrites in order to be truly global, though I'm happy for this to be done after the transfer to Wazeopedia as long as it's done "soon".
Were these nominated for the global wiki? Why? Neither of them are envisioned as or intended to be global pages in any way. The bulk of the content on both pages is decidedly and intentionally US-specific.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
^ Correct, as we can see, the date on that is old ;) U turns were enabled around April 2015, so this needs an update.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by subs5
The Development and Plans wiki page should not be a Global Page since it is not updated on a regular basis.
From 2012: "Recently completed:
Upgrading the World servers, which has increased the reliability and speed of editing maps"
So we are approaching 3.5 years since the top listed item was done? I also note the irony of the reliability and speed during this period of receiving error messages when trying to sign in..... :?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
This portion of the Creating and editing road segments page needs to be updated to add Speed Limits as a legitimate reason for having a two-segment junction. The recent addition of Speed Limits sometimes requires a junction to properly annotate where the SL changes.
You can add USA and any other country that uses Speed Limits.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
PesachZ wrote:
Editors can discuss here if they feel a certain page should be nominated to be included as a Global page in the global instance of the soon-to-be new Wazopedia.
They can also use this thread to discuss if they think a page which has already been nominated for the global wiki, would be better left out of the global wiki, and instead belongs better in a local wiki.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk[/quote]

Tried that it didn't link properly so I posted here.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by sulstore
Hello guys.

I noticed that on the US Wiki a flow chart is being displayed to apply Detour's prevention or not. However in the Global Wiki this flowchart does not exist.

With Flow Chart (Regional USA) https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/De ... Mechanisms

No Flowchart (Global)
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Global ... Mechanisms

I ask: Is the rule that is set in the Flowchart Global? If it is global, why not on the Global Wiki and if it can be copied, translated and posted on the Regional Wiki?
sulstore
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Timbones
I have spotted two pages that I feel should not be considered as global pages:
  • Abbreviations and acronyms - These are local guidelines only with no generic information
  • Landmarks by Type (US)
    1) this page doesn't appear to contain any useful information (yet?)
    2) these only apply to US English, and will have been translated for other languages
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries