Post by Fredo-p
That's not good. I've been out the loop for a while so I didn't know that you had that amazing page. It looks good enough to publish. How have you not received any push, from others, to publish it?
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
Well, according to many, "if it's still in Beta is shouldn't be discussed" :roll: . I tried that with tunnels and got crap for it, even thought it was already announced that it's going live.

With the issue of JBs, I would suggest holding off on it, making a post in the beta thread for the time being, and only make an entry into the wiki that if an editor runs into a locked segment due to JBs to contact their local SM/CM/RC.

This is what you get for half-assing/releasing something, but tell us we can't talk about it or let others know. :roll:
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
CBenson wrote: We expressly asked staff on this issue and were given permission.
POST AWAY!!!!!!
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
jr1982jr wrote:It would be nice to have guidance in the wiki entry to include a note near the JB for editors to know who to contact etc.

That's an easy one.
Please contact your local SM for questions, concerns and any edits related to the JB
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by FzNk
As far as I know, Junction Boxes still can't include any roundabout segments so there's no solution to that situation.
FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

NWR Assistant Regional Coordinator :: Oregon State Manager
Waze Beta Leader (Android) :: WME Beta

Post by jr1982jr
Nice job on the writeup. I have to say that this is the most complex article I have read here though. I like the content!

For everyone but Carl, since he was the one that sent me here, there is a JB in my area that I was studying today and I had questions (the JB in question so happens to be the example in the "Effects In Editor" section). I would not have found the information about the SB section not having an associated letter if that had not been one of my questions. I did not see the R5 limit until my 4th read through the document. I hate to ask why the limit rather than the traditional limit of the highest link in the box (which would also be the limit on placing the JB in the first place). I still think some of our senior editor level locked items go unmanaged because that group is so small. I know I won't ask outside my usual group of 5+'s for an unlock (or change) like this without an emergency.

My final comment really doesn't pertain, I guess, but I was concerned that there was not enough about situations to NOT use the JB. Since it will be R5+, that should be no issue. I can tell you though, it'll be a cold day in hell before I purposely lock a street to 5+, that isn't already locked before I start work, for anything but someone seriously screwing with the content and I still believe that's a situation better handled administratively rather than via a lock. I do think this limit will seriously decrease the knowledge spread about the application of the JBs thus limiting their implementation in places they really could provide help to a tough situation. The only reason my original problem ended up in this writeup is because I was asking for help in GHO and Carl happened along at the right time. We are compartmentalizing ourselves with GHO and it could have easily gone a very different way that day.
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by jr1982jr
I would say post it if we are going to see these things around, even if we cannot edit/add them. At least we then know how they work (at least as much as the people adding them know).
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Looks really good. I have a few suggestions.

1. We generally have a lead section with no section heading. Your first section would work perfectly. Just remove the heading.

2. Raise all headings up one level. Your top level "Junction Box" is already present by virtue of the article page itself. Besides you just removed it in step 1. ;)

3. Traditional Wiki pay layout tries not to repeat the article name in all the headings. Normally you can create the heading without using the term because the entire article is about that term. Makes the TOC a bit easier to read. For example instead of "Errors When Creating A Junction Box" you can say "Errors during creation" or maybe "Errors when saving" might be more applicable here.

When you are closer to final, I can help with formatting to have the image float left and right so the text wraps around the images. It helps to make the page flow a little better.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I can do the formatting after PesachZ completes that section.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message