Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:50 pm
KuniaKid wrote: Fredo-p wrote:
That's an easy one.
Please contact your local SM for questions, concerns and any edits related to the JB
What if said SM doesn't have the ability to use or edit JB's. (me!)
Contact the last editor or creator of the JB, it is listed on the left when the JB is selected. (Looks similar to an area place)
Sent from Android using Tapatalk
Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:31 pm
PesachZ wrote:Contact the last editor or creator of the JB, it is listed on the left when the JB is selected. (Looks similar to an area place)
Sent from Android using Tapatalk
Okay. Apparently we have no JB's on the map yet. Sure would like to use them. I can't add any at this time. Is this a L5 option?
Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:37 pm
Yes, and only from the beta editor.
Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:44 pm
So now that junction boxes effect routing should we go ahead and publish the page?
Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:54 pm
Two thoughts on this great looking page.
1. While we have the feature only in beta, I recommend we add a construction box at the top to explain this is currently only in the beta and possibly explain there are issues so don't be adding them just yet if you have access to the beta. Once we add that I would be OK posting the page.
2. In the Edit Errors section, I propose we have a bullet list and precede each bullet with a title for each entry like:
- No roundabouts - Junction boxes do not support roundabouts. Do not create junction boxes over roundabouts.
- Max size - The size of a junction box cannot exceed 1 kilometer. This is a linear 1 km limit north-south or east-west. If you draw an imaginary 1 km² box around the junction box, if the junction box pokes out at any point, then it's too big.
- Two junction nodes minimum - A junction box must include at least two junction nodes. Two junction nodes within the junction box must be connected by a segment. A junction box with only one junction node cannot be saved.
- One connection per pair - A junction box must have only one connection for every entry/exit pair. If there are multiple routes available over the segments within the junction box between an entry/exit pair, the box is invalid and cannot be saved.
- Sixteen paths max - No more than 16 controllable entry/exit paths can pass through a single node within a junction box. A save error stating "The highlighted node cannot have more than 16 connections" occurs if a node has more than 16 connections. Adding segments or junction nodes to an intersection to workaround the "one connection for every entry/exit pair" and "no more than 16 connections per node" limitations is not recommended. If such a workaround is required please consult with your country or regional coordinator.
- No overlapping - A junction node cannot be included in multiple junction boxes.
Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:28 pm
I have made the changes suggested here. I have also added a section on eliminating entry/exit pair connections.
My understanding is that JBs currently effect routing in North America and Israel (Beta thread link)
Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:42 pm
I observed that the Junction Box didn't work properly. I'm correct?
Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:46 pm
I think Carl's draft page is a great start at a new global page for Junction boxes, and should be put in place ASAP.
They are visible on the map, and therefore it is useful to editors to know what they are.
Furthermore, it lets junior editors know that there is an option (or upcoming option) to tackle "difficult" intersections where 2-segment tranistion times don't tell the most important story for routing purposes.
I think, with an appropriate information box at the top telling the current status of the implementation on the different servers (IL, NA, and ROW), then it should be beneficial to have this page on the global wiki.
Since I have not seen any objections to this, I will make a request to the global wiki moderators for permission to publish the page.
Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:33 pm
The request for a poll is posted here: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p1457115
And the poll is posted here: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p1457572
It appears that, when the poll closes on July 27, there will be unanimous approval for CarlBenson's draft.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.