Post by t0cableguy
I can say that there are not many of these exits in Florida to begin with. Most of the left exits are just feeder ramps for express lanes, which i would not consider "exits". Signed Exits that actually leave the freeway may add up to less than 20 in Florida.
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by t0cableguy
Got this from FDOT today... so i cant count them on twenty fingers and toes, but maybe if i split one in half I could.
Since we don't have a database of this information, the following data was collected. I hope this is helpful for you.

There are future plans to add the left plaques to the signs that do not currently have one in place.

I-75 at Turnpike – left exit, with no sign
I-10 @ Roosevelt Blvd - left exit, with sign
I-95 @ Union St. – left exit, with sign
I-95 @ I-4 – Major Diverge, from I-4 to I-95 North is a left hand movement but is not specially signed as a left exit
I-95 @ Broward Blvd Amtrak/Park and Ride (not actual Broward Blvd) – left exit, with sign (northbound and southbound)
I-95 to TPK and SR 826 - left exit with sign
I-95 Express exit to Express Buss and Parking – left exit, not signed, not a typical exit configuration
I-95 Express exit to MIA, SR 112, - left exit, not signed
I-395 – left exits from I-395 EB to I-95 NB and From I-395 WB to I-95 SB – with signs EB but not WB
Left exit to Biscayne Blvd, with signs
I-275 at 31st St. S – left exit, signed as left but in green/white and not yellow/black
I-4 at Orange Blossom Trail/US441/SR600 – left exit with sign
I-4 at Kirkman – left exit, not signed, but is part of I-4 Ultimate

Service Plaza Exits, not numbered exits.
Turnpike Okahumpka Service Plaza w/service plaza sign - no left panel
Turnpike Turkey Lake Service Plaza w/ service plaza sign - no left panel
Turnpike Canoe Creek Service Plaza w/service plaza sign - no left panel
Turnpike Fort Drum Service Plaza w/service plaza sign - no left panel
Turnpike Port St. Lucie/Fort Pierce Service Plaza w/service plaza sign - no left panel
Turnpike Pompano Beach Service Plaza w/service plaza sign - no left panel
Turnpike Snapper Creek Service Plaza w/service plaza sign - no left panel

Turnpike 54 Ft. Lauderdale South (I-595/S.R. 84/ US 441) - no left panel
Turnpike 19 SW 120th St. - no left panel
Turnpike 17 Don Shula Expwy - no left panel
Turnpike 37 S.R. 407 - no left panel
I-4 (EB) at U.S. 41/N 50th Street – Exit 3 (does include LEFT panel)
I-275 (SB) at I-375 – Exit 23A (does include LEFT panel)
I-275 (SB) at I-175 – Exit 22 (does include LEFT panel)
I-4 (EB/WB) at Lee Roy Selmon Connector/SR 618 TOLL (does include LEFT panel)

Thanks,
Dana

Highway Signing Program Manager
FDOT Traffic Engineering & Operations
605 Suwannee Street, MS36
Tallahassee, FL 32399
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by t0cableguy
The two options for left exits as of 2012 supplement

http://i.imgur.com/Ii1Z94L.pngPage 311 of the MUTCD SHS 2012 Supplement

http://i.imgur.com/pT8HDRn.pngPage 312 of the MUTCD 2012 supplement

http://i.imgur.com/f4LYyio.pngPage 238 (numbered 198) of Complete 2009 MUTCD with Revisions 1 and 2

http://i.imgur.com/mlo1cCD.pngPage 252 (numbered 212) of Complete 2009 MUTCD with Revisions 1 and 2

In code articles "SHALL" means "Will Always" or "MUST ALWAYS". But code articles are only applied when changes or significant improvements are made. Thus the existing signs are allowed but when they are replaced or improved they are required to have the sign.

In each section regarding different signage it is restated that the Left Exits SHALL have the Yellow Left Plaque installed.

Even the MUTCD considers these non standard exit styles.
t0cableguy
Send a message

Post by t0cableguy
I have my thoughts on including last exit before toll... as i'm an avid toll avoider...
t0cableguy
Send a message