Discussion: Sectioning Project Pages

Post by imper1um
I would like to modify how Section Project Pages function. In general, I would like to see each area in a logical section, so people could determine who to talk to, and what is going on with things.

Here is the proposed layout:

Continent > Country > State/Province > (Optional) Area/City > (Optional) Subarea

Basically, I would like to see areas limited to 1000/month reported map problems. This means that an area like New York, NY, you could see:

North America > United States > New York > New York > Manhattan/Bronx
North America > United States > New York > New York > Long Island
North America > United States > New York > New York > Other

However, in Montana, which isn't edited a lot:

North America > United States > Montana

Projects that span multiple districts, such as if Florida is building a Highway through multiple districts, it wouldn't be placed on every subarea page, but on the top level page. For projects that span multiple states/provinces (such as a Multi-State Highway), a single page for that specific project on the lowest level page would be created, such as if they made I-38547 through Florida, Georgia and South Carolina, it would be:

North America > United States > Interstate 38547

Singular project pages would expire and would be deleted 2 months after they completed.
imper1um

POSTER_ID:8075478

Send a message
Waze Editor (2)
Editing Sanford/Altamonte Springs/Orlando, I-95 and Adjacent Cities (Central FL)

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The concept of "Metro Areas" are already defined within Waze. Would those be of use or not?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ