Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Other Lane Feature does not work

Post by kentsmith9
I received word from Ori on the support line that this feature is not operational at all, and they do intend to do some major changes to the feature at some point in the future. I have updated the Wiki to as many English pages I could find listing this feature to indicate it is not currently functional.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:7009939

Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
+1

And on the other hand, waze warns me from a speed cam on the other side of a freeway (splitted) in the opposite direction. :oops:
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Any word on how long this has been not working?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Timbones wrote:Is this feature not working for just split roads, or single 2-way roads too?

via mobile
yes, that question too.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by jondrush
I think it stopped working when the 2.0 client came out. We discussed it not working at the Waze meet-up in January, so for sure it has not been working since then.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
The response to my question about how it worked under any conditions was:
Ori wrote:Currently the "report other * on other lane" is not operational.
We do intend to some serious fixing of this feature.

I think the best way to describe it on the wiki as "not yet fully functional"
That made me assume it does not work for any condition. I was going to play with it over the weekend and do some testing on the live map to be sure, but it sounds like "not working at all" is the more likely answer currently. My follow up question last night was whether pressing the button stopped the report from happening, or the system just ignored that button.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Based on additional feedback from the devs, it sounds like it may be working on roads not split or possibly on split one-way roads without the directionality in the name. I will try to do more testing to validate where it does and does not work at least for the US.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Sounds like what I saw. I also created a test account and switched between them just in case the system knew I reported the issue and decided not to tell me about my own reports. Same results as yours.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Spil
kentsmith9 wrote:Based on additional feedback from the devs, it sounds like it may be working on roads not split or possibly on split one-way roads without the directionality in the name. I will try to do more testing to validate where it does and does not work at least for the US.
I drove a non-split Minor Highway two ways in rural western NY on Friday night (27JUL2012). I reported hazards both "in my lane" and "in other lane" on the way to the drop-off point, then turned around and drove back past those reports; I received no notification of the "in other lane" report as Waze should have done.
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Timbones
Is this feature not working for just split roads, or single 2-way roads too?

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries