Post by jasonh300
Two segments, not two nodes.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
dmcconachie wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Two segments, not two nodes.
It always used to be two nodes, ie a segment could not connect to another segment in two places. It may no longer be the case but I've never seen anything to suggest otherwise.
I see what you're talking about, and that is no longer the case. That routes just fine. But that's not what I'm referring to as a closed loop.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bgodette wrote:What happens if you create a roundabout with only one connecting segment?
Same problem. I've got notes about that in the Wiki on the "dead end node" page and also on the "roundabout" page.
WeeeZer14 wrote:Once we figure out what the "rules" are, would the new Junction Style Guide page be a good place?
I think so. Looking at your postings about it here is what prompted me to write the post. I guess it should fit in with Junction Style.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bgodette wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:
bgodette wrote:What happens if you create a roundabout with only one connecting segment?
Same problem. I've got notes about that in the Wiki on the "dead end node" page and also on the "roundabout" page.
This brings up a follow on question of, what happens to a roundabout's turn instructions if there's an extra node in it?
I'm not sure you'd ever get any instructions with the roundabout unless you were heading on the street toward the roundabout and routing was taking you to it, around, and then back out.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:I set up a couple of roundabouts. Both with one road going to the bout. One with an extra node in the middle of it.
Give a permalink. I want to see what the turn isntructions say on LiveMap.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Got the pm but I'm off the computer for the night. Have you tried Tts routing on them? What does it say?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Wolfeye wrote: In this case it's just a loop around the block and won't cause that much of a problem. But let's say it's a 100 miles long road around a lake...
You've got it. On a cul-de-sac, it just acts like a dysfunctional dead-end, so you might as well just make it a dead end. In your example, add a junction somewhere...probably at one of the corners to make it neat.

You're not likely to find a long one around a lake like that without some kind of junction in it, but if there's not, you just have to add one.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Yeah, I've also seen a lot of bad editing all over the U.S. from Irad. He is a Waze employee.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:Thanks, I suppose they have their own test environment for those types of things. Will not proceed with caution.
When you are stuff like that, send the permalink a via PM to Unholy with an explanation that the edits are not in compliance with the wiki.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Also note that a special script is being considered to correct this automatically. We will post more info when it is ready.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message