Post by razor2k
I posted a topic on this matter not too long ago. Have a look at the links and see if anything can help :D

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22519
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by Spil
Added New York to the "Legality of Cameras (USA)" page -- 47 states left now! :D (It helped that the NYS Legislature maintains an online copy of all NYS laws, including the Vehicle & Traffic Law ;) -- I linked to it in the "Notes by State" section at the bottom of the page for documentation purposes.)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Timbones
TonyG-UK wrote:It appears that the Android client in the UK treats the speed setting as MPH not Km/h for issuing audio warnings ("speed trap reported ahead"). I've reduced the speed settings on two camera from the 113 Km/h in steps down to 70, and only then do they give audio alerts.
I've tested this recently, and I'm reasonably sure the alerts were triggered at a certain Km/h, not mph.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
TonyG-UK wrote:I've tested this quite a lot, with many different Android client versions over the last year, having repositioned and edited cameras in many different ways in that time, and they only work correctly (for a 70mph road) when set to 70 units in WME.
I saw the exact opposite. A camera set at 40 Km/h would give only audio alerts when I drove towards it at 40+ Km/h (more than 25 mph, less than 30 mph).
*confused*
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
bgodette wrote:So if the cam was set to "30", and I had the client set to Imperial, I'd have to drive 31+ for an audible, but if I set to Metric it'd audible at 31+ km/h instead.
That fits with what I was seeing, as I had switched to metric to test the alerts (on Android).
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:a Wazer of rank 2 can remove a camera approved by a rank 5 editor by tapping "Not There" three times for that camera.
Presumably, they will need to drive past the camera 3 times too? That's not too unreasonable, especially if it's not actually deleted.

Also, if the camera is 'unapproved' by this, does it stay on the livemap until the next update?

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
WeeeZer14 wrote:Is there any form of "lock" on the cameras? If a camera is approved by a level 3, can only a level 3 and higher delete it?
I think there might be, as I've seen forum posts by editors unable to remove a camera because it was approved by a higher editor.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
xteejx wrote:Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up :-) assume it only affects unapproved?
No, it only affects approved cameras. Unapproved ones don't appear on the map.

After enough 'not theres' an approved camera will become unapproved. An editor will then have to reapprove or delete it.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by TonyG-UK
It appears that the Android client in the UK treats the speed setting as MPH not Km/h for issuing audio warnings ("speed trap reported ahead"). I've reduced the speed settings on two camera from the 113 Km/h in steps down to 70, and only then do they give audio alerts.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK

Post by TonyG-UK
Timbones wrote: I've tested this recently, and I'm reasonably sure the alerts were triggered at a certain Km/h, not mph.
Umm... that statement doesn't really make much sense.

I've tested this quite a lot, with many different Android client versions over the last year, having repositioned and edited cameras in many different ways in that time, and they only work correctly (for a 70mph road) when set to 70 units in WME.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK