New Page - Cameras

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: New Page - Cameras

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 pm

And do we know what "rank" we are actually using? Not sure if editor rank is fair since not every driver edits yet the driver on the street is the best to confirm the non-existence of a camera. Could they be using the "royalty" ranks as shown in the client?
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:16 am

jasonh300 wrote:At least they don't disappear from the editor completely.

Agreed. I actually can support this type of behavior. Of course I would like it if there was a third camera state shown in the editor for these "deleted" cameras so they stand out from a newly reported camera.

I could see a local editor knowing that they have approved every legit camera in their town. New users of course love to add cameras everywhere, so they have to delete all these non-cameras. It gets to the point where they are blindly deleting unapproved cameras because they know all real cameras are present. Well, if they aren't careful, a real camera that has been miss-reported as not there enough times may get deleted if they aren't paying attention enough.

EDIT: I've updated the Wiki to contain the current state of this functionality.
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:31 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Here's some more info on the camera removal situation. Take what is necessary and makes sense to integrate into the wiki page:

A Wazer of the same editor rank which approved the camera can remove a camera from the app with one tap of "Not There." (Editor rank of Wazer = editor rank of camera approver)

A Wazer with editor rank of zero has no possibility to effect camera removal.

The camera is changed to "not approved" by the merger process. That means, the drive must be processed in order for the camera status to be possibly changed.

The sum of ranks of every Wazer every time the Not There button is tapped is used to determine when the camera is removed. This is a change to previously communicated information: a Wazer of rank 2 can remove a camera approved by a rank 5 editor by tapping "Not There" three times for that camera.

Hmm. That last item (same Wazer gets to "vote" multiple times) makes me really want a way to see which cameras were demoted to not approved vs. newly submitted. Easily in a week a level 1 could demote just about any camera. I guess we are protected from the level 0 users at least.

If a camera is demoted then re-approved, I assume the counter is reset to zero?

Wiki is updated. I'll add some links to other parts of the wiki that talk about editing ranks soon.
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: New Page - Cameras

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Timbones wrote:Also, if the camera is 'unapproved' by this, does it stay on the livemap until the next update?

That was my assumption and I've written it up in the wiki as such. It makes sense that way, we need a tile build to add or remove a camera.
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Is there any form of "lock" on the cameras? If a camera is approved by a level 3, can only a level 3 and higher delete it?
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:37 pm

jasonh300 wrote:How is this going to work with the new ranking system, where there are no level 0s?

Yeah I had the same thought. Maybe rank minus one for number of votes?
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:12 am

I assume there is no lock mechanism for an unapproved camera? If so, the wiki has been updated for the locking function of a camera.
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:28 pm

xteejx wrote:Have we determined if the same person can add their own levels to do a removal or does it have to be different people?

The way I've interpreted it is that one user can be counted once per each drive session they make. So a level 5 approved camera can be unapproved in a week if they press not there every day on their commute.

An insignificant item I noticed, it seems that once a camera is approved in the editor it can NOT be un-approved in the editor by unchecking the checkbox.
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xteejx » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:30 am

If they change back to unapproved, I'd like it if a note was added to the camera info in WME so we can see it's been marked down by Wazers.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Ok so does that mean the same person can press 3 times, or do 3 different people have to press not there? I can't see the first being right

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

PreviousNext

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion