Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Updated to new MediaWiki version 1.29

Post by
Hi Everyone,

We've done an update to MediaWiki version 1.29 (yay! :D :D :D )

Here is what you can expect, and some known issues:
  • All the wikis are checked and working
    Captcha present on login page
    Many fixes related to 1.29 are now on air. Will post a list of what should have been fixed in this thread tomorrow
Some known issues that we are going to deal with ASAP:
  • InterWiki links inside wazeopedia are not working. We seem to have disabled it, and are working towards a fix. The result is some broken links in sidebar and in content, and possibly some missing templates.
    Server speed - the wiki tends to be slower than usual. We are researching why, report if you also experience this.
    There are some issue with cookies making the wiki not load in some cases, probably a server or load balancer related. To resolve this, clean your cookies and it should fix itself.
    File repo is inconsistent. Some images are not showing up while other are. Seems that it is either a server or MediaWiki issues. We are checking in how to resolve it.
I know we've been waiting a while for this update, so please poke around and hopefully you notice some improvements with your reported issues. If so, please let me know so that I can resolve the bugs on our end.

Thanks for your patience and will update on the resolved and known issues ASAP.

Best,
Karen

POSTER_ID:16967624

Send a message

Post by gutrixio
Hi Karen,

I want to share some issues that I have encountered in the Colombian Wazeopedia.
  • Slow saving progress.
  • Clicked links displaying as clicked when shouldn't
  • While editing the buttons mounts between texts[See Atachment]
  • History page is completely crazy (usernames bad, buttons where shouldn't) [Known issue as previously mentioned by another user]
Attachment:

Click Here to see the attachment image

//

Hope you can fix this ASAP

Thanks,
Santiago
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
Hi, Karen

Thanks for the update.

We can't access to the "bug spreadsheet" - reason: "Access Denied".

WonderLerm wrote:Hi Everyone,

Have some updates for you on the issues we're facing post version upgrade. Also have gone through and updated the bug spreadsheet with everything that was fixed.
  • Page History is wrong - Fixed now However, this affected a very small number of edits taken at the time of the migration. Should no longer be an issue. It will be a long process to fix, so if we can live with what was done and continue on, that would be ideal. If there is anything problematic, PM me to let me know.
    Slow Saving, trying and retrying to get a page preview + Frequent 502 errors when visiting pages and Files in Wazeopedia USA - - Devs checking server health issues
    Translation extension not working properly - We found the problem (server related), devs looking to find a solution.
    Clicked links display as clicked when shouldn't - will be fixed on next skin push (couple of days)
    While editing, buttons mounts between text - will be fixed on next skin push (couple of days)
    Images sometimes show up and sometimes do not - fixed
    Google Sheets not displaying correctly - fixed
    File Uploads fail, every one receives this message: The file contains a virus! Details: scan failed (code 2) - should be fixed now.
Follow up needed:
  • Widgets - the iframe widget we use for displaying google sheets. Is the Widget extension broken, or is a change needed to the widget templates?
As usual, will update when I have more to share :)
Karen
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
WonderLerm wrote:Hey Eveyrone!

Some more updates on fixed/outstanding issues:
Examples needed:
Clicked links display as clicked when shouldn't - can the community please send image of the intended state?

That's it for today - will keep the updates coming :)
Karen
Hi Karen, here is the example.

After you click the link it shouldn't change of color.

// // //
Karen I still can't access to the bug spreadsheet, please can you give me access?. Mail:sgo21.2001@gmail.com

Thanks.
Santiago
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
WonderLerm wrote:Hi Everyone,

We've placed a few fixes to the wiki history and permission issues that you've reported. Can you take a look and report back on the following:

1. History displaying correctly
2. Permissions are fine (special attention to: Spain, UK, Lithuania, Italy, Ireland)

Thanks so much!
Karen
Hi, while checking I encounter that the main page is displaying correctly(the history) but the rest continues badly.

Here is an example of one that continue bad. Cameras History
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by kamonu
Page history is damaged. It now looks as if the Benelux wiki was written by Orbitc, BenandJerry, .... Familiar names but not really the editor of the Benelux wiki :?
kamonu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by kamonu
Hi Karen,

Thanks for all your work on this new version.

In the issue list I don't see the "damaged history". The revision history of probably all Benelux Wiki pages contain lines with wrong editor names and even changes before these page even existed. Because of the importance: Do you think it is possible to repair the revision history?

Best regards,
Dirk
kamonu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by kamonu
Indeed, sometimes pictures are not shown. But for me the most important issue to fix is the time consuming trying and retrying to get a page preview or get a page saved. For me it is almost impossible to edit a page.

Error: Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds.

Also just request a page view takes a lot of time. Very discouraging for users in search of some information.
kamonu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by kamonu
The Wiki looks indeed much better, but I'm not sure "Images sometimes show up and sometimes do not" is already totally fixed yet. Yesterday evening I still got some errors concerning "missing images". Performance related?

Images can be uploaded again, nice.
kamonu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by kamonu
Hi,

History displaying correctly, I should say almost correctly. I did a quick check on some pages. The history looks OK except the history contains to many lines: it contains still invalid lines dating from before the page was even created. This is on all the pages I checked. Probably not a big deal; it's great to have (also) the real history back!

Best Regards,
Kamonu
kamonu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by kamonu
While in EDIT SOURCE mode, clicking on Cancel send me always to a Undefined page instead of the page that was edited. I've the impression this issue was introduced with the new Wiki version. It would be nice if this also could be corrected.
kamonu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message