Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by WonderLerm
voludu2 wrote:Hi Karen and thanks for the updates.

I really appreciate the fixes to the skin allowing version selection in the history pages and when undeleting deleted revisions (this is actually a really important feature for preserving revision history when several people have worked on a draft version that is then merged with the "live" version).

Here are some things which are broken:
THINGS WHICH MAKE THE WAZEOPEDIA UNUSABLE:
* File upload fails. Every image is refused with the message
The file contains a virus! Details: scan failed (code 2)
* WYSIWYG editor fails with the message:
Error loading data from server: apierror-visualeditor-docserver-http-error: (curl error: 7) Couldn't connect to server. Would you like to retry?
THINGS WHICH MAKE THE WAZEOPEDIA DIFFICULT TO USE:
* Widgets - the iframe widget we use for displaying google sheets. Is the Widget extension broken, or is a change needed to the widget templates?
* Frequent 502 errors when visiting pages and Files in Wazeopedia USA

As always, thanks for helping us put the problems in front of the team working on them.
Thanks Voludu - checking with the team on these and will get back to you.
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by WonderLerm
kamonu wrote:Hi Karen,

Thanks for all your work on this new version.

In the issue list I don't see the "damaged history". The revision history of probably all Benelux Wiki pages contain lines with wrong editor names and even changes before these page even existed. Because of the importance: Do you think it is possible to repair the revision history?

Best regards,
Dirk
Thanks for the note. Yes. This issue has also been sent and hope we can find a fix for it. Will update when I have more info.
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by WonderLerm
Hey Everyone,

I know there are still some serious outstanding issues with the new upgrade. I've compiled this list below and have reported it all again to the devs to get updates on where we are in fixing them. If I've missed anything, please let me know.
  • Page History is wrong
    WYSIWYG editor not working
    Slow Saving, trying and retrying to get a page preview
    Clicked links display as clicked when shouldn't
    While editing, buttons mounts between text
    Images sometimes show up and sometimes do not
    Google Sheets widget not displaying correctly
    Other widgets not working, as well.
    File Uploads fail, every one receives this message: The file contains a virus! Details: scan failed (code 2)
    Frequent 502 errors when visiting pages and Files in Wazeopedia USA
    Widget namespace and contents is missing
    Translation extension not working properly
I know there were some issues with CAPTCHA last week, which seems to have resolved themselves. If you are still experiencing these, please let me know.

Will get updates on everything else ASAP.

Thanks everyone for your patience,
Karen
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by WonderLerm
kentsmith9 wrote:Karen,

We also have all the original issues for the last 1+ years in the shared spreadsheet. They just aren’t new problems.

Thanks
KS
Hey Kent,

Yes, the ones I've listed are as a result it seems of the last update, and listed on this thread. I want to handle the most pressing issues first, and then move through to update what should have been fixed from that spreadsheet.

Make sense?
K
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by WonderLerm
Hi Everyone,

Have some updates for you on the issues we're facing post version upgrade. Also have gone through and updated the bug spreadsheet with everything that was fixed.
  • Page History is wrong - Fixed now However, this affected a very small number of edits taken at the time of the migration. Should no longer be an issue. It will be a long process to fix, so if we can live with what was done and continue on, that would be ideal. If there is anything problematic, PM me to let me know.
    Slow Saving, trying and retrying to get a page preview + Frequent 502 errors when visiting pages and Files in Wazeopedia USA - - Devs checking server health issues
    Translation extension not working properly - We found the problem (server related), devs looking to find a solution.
    Clicked links display as clicked when shouldn't - will be fixed on next skin push (couple of days)
    While editing, buttons mounts between text - will be fixed on next skin push (couple of days)
    Images sometimes show up and sometimes do not - fixed
    Google Sheets not displaying correctly - fixed
    File Uploads fail, every one receives this message: The file contains a virus! Details: scan failed (code 2) - should be fixed now.
Follow up needed:
  • Widgets - the iframe widget we use for displaying google sheets. Is the Widget extension broken, or is a change needed to the widget templates?
As usual, will update when I have more to share :)
Karen
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by WonderLerm
Hey Eveyrone!

Some more updates on fixed/outstanding issues:

Post upgrade issues
Images sometimes show up and sometimes do not - fixed
Google Sheets not displaying correctly - fixed
File Uploads fail -fixed
Widgets (iframes/google sheets) - fixed [/list]

Skin issues
Floating checkboxes in edit page save section - fixed
Horizontal list not to be justified - fixed
Heading hidden under navbar when clicked from table of contents - fixed for H1-2 still not for h3+. Will be addressed in the next round of fixes

Misc.
Expression error in u-turn template - fixed

Not adressed yet
Page history wrong - I'm getting reports that this is farther reaching than just the window of the upgrade. So looking into this with the developers and hope to have an answer shortly.
Issues waiting on the upgrading of the server:
  • Translation extension
    500-505 errors
    Speed issues
Examples needed:
Clicked links display as clicked when shouldn't - can the community please send image of the intended state?

That's it for today - will keep the updates coming :)
Karen
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by WonderLerm
Hey Everyone!

Want to update that we hope to have the 500 errors fixed next week (hopefully).

In terms of content translation extension, it's related to the 500 fixes, so same time frame.

In terms of the recent changes issues, we are going to make some adjustment to the back-end structure of the permissions. Explanation on that next week, prior to implementation. You shouldn't notice any issues, but will update on what's happening so you can provide feedback accordingly.

Thanks so much for your patience as we work through these issues.

Best,
Karen
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by WonderLerm
Hi Everyone,

We've placed a few fixes to the wiki history and permission issues that you've reported. Can you take a look and report back on the following:

1. History displaying correctly
2. Permissions are fine (special attention to: Spain, UK, Lithuania, Italy, Ireland)

Thanks so much!
Karen
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message