Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by bgodette
AndyPoms wrote:Please do not trust this test at this time, there are several issues with the way it was conducted/what it tested for.
Seems ok to me. The PLot landmark was added Jan 12th and is live. There's currently automatic "heavy traffic" being reported (the road is red) on "Av. Santos Dumont".

This does differ from testing preformed previously on NA, so perhaps this is yet another example of the separate infrastructures working unintentionally different.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AndyPoms wrote:
antigerme wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I forgot to post this in this thread. Official word came down regarding Parking Lot landmarks in the NA server:
Myth busted!

We can break other myths? :lol:

The information is for the whole infrastructure, NA and ROTW.
HOWEVER,
Unholy wrote:Gas stations and parking lots landmarks do suppress the creation of map problems
So, the guideline not to snap them to a road is a valid one.
Well this is somewhat annoying as it means PLot segments are needed to prevent pollution from gas stations, convenience stores, coffee shops, and drive thrus.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
MGODLEW wrote:I think items that should be mapped are places they are associated primarily with driving/travel. That would include train stations, bus stations, airports, public parking lots (not business parking lots), hotels, car repair locations, amusement parks & sports/concert venues, gas stations, schools/universities, car rental locations, ALL 24hr hospitals and EMS/Fire/Police stations. As for mapping businesses, I would map businesses that are in large buildings. IE: Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Target... Pretty much any grocery store & big shopping malls like Mall of America for example.
Public Parking is already covered directly in the app without need of a landmark. Hotels, repair, rental, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Target, grocery stores, etc are all revenue streams and just add clutter.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Editor issue. Somewhere there is a road or landmark with an improper city name. If you have the highlight script, it makes it easy to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
I have only played with reporting issue on a PC once and that was in my edit area. Left click in the area on live map you want to report, should get a ballon with origin and destination and report error at bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
AndyPoms wrote: Fire Dept: In most places they are considered a "Safe Haven" and you can get emergency medical care there or if they are on a call there is a call box out front. Most maps mark these - It's worth it.
Maybe because I work at one, but I agree. In Illinois, they are a safe haven to drop off new borns, no questions asked.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by BlazeTool
jasonh300 wrote:I've been asking the developers to make the parking lot roads much less visible in the client, so that they won't clutter up the map as much. I've also asked them to make them gray in the editor so they'll be visibly different from streets and not clutter the editor screen.
Here's hoping they do it. Personally, I'd like to see PL roads not display at all in the client and be their own layer in the editor that can be turned off. Visual clutter goes away, problem reports for parking lots can go away. Only drawbacks would be it's still data to be transferred to the client and the extra nodes could effect routing times. Not sure if there are ways to avoid that.
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by CBenson
My opinion is the landmarks list is slightly modified list of the TIGER objects that were available during the basemap import. I don't think there has been much significant thought about how appropriate this list is for the purposes of waze.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
jasonh300 wrote:6. POIs are searchable in the client and have been for quite some time. They don't show on the client though and won't unless a landmark is placed.
Just to be clear, the POIs searched aren't the landmarks in the waze database, correct?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Den_in_USA wrote:Would it be a problem if I created a parking lot road and called it a dirt road so that it appears different on the map?
I think it might be a problem as waze treats these differently. I believe the characteristics of parking lot segments include: a significant routing penalty when transitioning to a non-parking lot segment, suppression of jam display and suppression of MPs. You lose these features if you use dirt road. Further, dirt roads are avoided in routing if the user has that setting selected in the client.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message