Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by kentsmith9
I believe iOS can only download the latest version, but maybe there is a place to get old releases I don't know about. For android I have no idea, so I am not the right guy, but I'm sure someone else is.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I would recommend a base page with the titles of the roles and then an index to subpages for each country to link to their specific guidelines.

Countries are welcome to say they follow the guidelines of other countries and link to them with a note on those pages saying it also covers them.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
PesachZ wrote:I couldn't find any information on how to properly split a road (while maintaining segment data and house numbers, checking for RevCons etc.). I would expect to find it in the best practices right next to how to unsplit a road.

If it doesn't exist in the wiki, it should be put there, because it would hopefully prevent novice editors from making improper splits. It should also emphasize to never split a road without experienced (AM+) help/advice
I don't believe anyone has created that content. And yes that would be a great place to put it. Did you want to give it a shot?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:I would recommend a base page with the titles of the roles and then an index to subpages for each country to link to their specific guidelines.

Countries are welcome to say they follow the guidelines of other countries and link to them with a note on those pages saying it also covers them.
I built a page for Regional Coordinators and started a discussion in this thread if anyone wants to contribute to the conversation.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
DwarfLord wrote:Is there a list of USA Country Managers? I'm well aware of the RC page but after 10 minutes of searching can't find a list of CMs. Maybe it's there somewhere and I'm just dense... :oops:
There is nothing currently in the Wiki on CMs, but I did bring it up in this thread.
I have been on the new State template for over a month now and have done little else. Once the State template is completed and launched I plan to touch on this one.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
voludu2 wrote:Common editor mistakes
Common editor errors
Common editing errors
Done
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
PesachZ wrote:Information on locking standards.

I posted a separate thread to create that content in the best map editing practices, and added it to my states page.

Traffic Locks are hard to find, partially because the [[Lock (disambiguation)]] lists locked segments, but that section linked to doesn't exist. There's a small section at the end which links to editing restrictions, but that page doesn't mention traffic locks either.

I added traffic locks to the disamb page, and created two redirect pages to it "Auto lock" and "Auto locks".

I didn't fix the locked segments link or the link https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Locked_segme ... ed_road.3F on the locked segment redirect page and the corresponding FAQ, because I'm not entirely sure where they should link to. Perhaps they need to link directly to the editing restrictions page, and have that page updated with the missing information.
Fixed the DAB and FAQ pages.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
PesachZ wrote:You left the link " [[Editing rank#Locked segments|locked segments]]" in there which doesn't go to anywhere. The section it references has been removed.
In the future it helps to be specific when I change multiple pages and you want me to fix something. ;)

I found the reference you mentioned in the FAQ. I had included every element of locks in the body of the FAQ already, so I just deleted the final unnecessary sentence.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
qwaletee wrote:Short version: See https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Editing_restrictions and some related articles.
I'm sorry, but I am not sure if I follow the question in the long version. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Better yet, why not link the videos into places in the Wiki that relate to the videos?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message