Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Glossary Page

Post by kentsmith9
In a prior thread I mentioned redesigning the Glossary page so we can Wikilink and create redirects to particular terms.

I have updated a number of entries since then and I also created the missing redirects for every term on that page so you should be taken directly to the glossary page or a full article. If you find a word or phrase in the glossary that the Wiki search does not take you, please let me know.

If you think of any missing terms, feel free to add them to the glossary page. When you do that consider adding any relevant Wikilinks. Also be sure to create a redirect to it as well. If you are unsure how to do any of these things then just post the proposed term in this thread and someone will add it and the other links for you.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:7009939

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Been meaning to do it for a while. Images updated.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by kentsmith9
We can make changes to the main page, but we have not discussed it. We should start a new thread on that one to get opinions and move on it. :D
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
txemt wrote:Why not start that thread here? :)
A discussion on updating the main page of the Wiki should be in a thread titled "Main Wiki Page" or something like that, not buried in the Glossary thread.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:A discussion on updating the main page of the Wiki should be in a thread titled "Main Wiki Page" or something like that, not buried in the Glossary thread.
And here it is.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by txemt
Why is this NOT the second page for the Wiki?

I think the main page is poorly designed. I think the main page should be a "welcome to Waze" then somewhere there's a link that says "continue" which brings the reader to the new Glossary page.

That's just my opinion. I think the main page is overwhelmed with information for someone new to Waze.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
Why not start that thread here? :)
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.