Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Gas stations update(s)

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I added a quick overview to the editor interface wiki page: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... s_selected
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
txemt wrote:If "Bill's Gas" sells "Chevron" gasoline, does "Bill's Gas" go into the first name field, then "Chevron" into the brand field?
We're working on guidance at this time, and there is a thread in the US forum. If Bills always sells Chevron, then yes. Otherwise, unbranded. Many box stores (Sams, Costco, Fred Meyer, Winco, Safeway, etc.) may use different brands in the same week. These would also be set to unbranded.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kentsmith9 wrote:You have a missing page link to "Gas Stations" going to http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... &redlink=1
Is that a page you are working on, or did you have a typo in the address?
It's a placeholder. I don't have time to build the page. Maybe it needs a "page not yet built" note?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
You have a missing page link to "Gas Stations" going to http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... &redlink=1
Is that a page you are working on, or did you have a typo in the address?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
The advantage of the red link is that we can easily find it in the future with the internal Wiki special page searches. The problem is users will get confused.

Alternately we can create the page with a note just saying "more to come" and then add a template we can create called {{NeedPage}} or something like that. Then we can search for where that template is used and know those are the pages that need to be created.

I can do that later tonight for this one in question
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by txemt
If "Bill's Gas" sells "Chevron" gasoline, does "Bill's Gas" go into the first name field, then "Chevron" into the brand field?
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.