Post by kentsmith9
My thought was most of the areas are much more established now 3 years later since most of those were created. I am questioning if we should be pushing people to use them, or to keep doing what we are doing without the ones not being used.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
daknife wrote:Note that on the Salt Lake city one I'm using that as the link site for Utah's Landmark guidelines
What if we move the Utah Landmark link to the Landmark page? I was thinking we would likely need to do that for states that have slightly different standards.

My thought was once the national version is published, we would have a link at the top that says some states have some deviations from this list. Go to this page to check for your state. Then on each state's landmark page, we would say to follow the standard for everything not listed here, and only list the exceptions. That would be easier to maintain for each state.

We can certainly hold off on removing the Utah To Do page either way.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
daknife wrote:Well once the standard is published (if ever) Utah probably won't need more than a couple caveats to the list.

But moving the link would work just be sure to tell me so I can change my sig when you do. I hate clicking on a link to find somebody moved it.
Agreed on both.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
jondrush wrote:http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/To_D ... e-Province
Should we just dump this page and make to-do a category? It's a mess and few pages are actively updated.
Not sure what you mean in your proposal. I think the link you added is in the same boat as the one in my original proposal.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I think the idea to make "To-do" a category would solve the problem of having to maintain outdated links. If we scrap these two pages and redirect them to the special Category:To-do page I think we serve the same purpose, but it is self maintaining. Unfortunately I don't think we can control a category page, it is just alphabetical. However I think that would likely be fine.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I assume you mean one of the Obsolete templates
https://www.waze.com/wiki/Template:ToObsolete
https://www.waze.com/wiki/Template:Obsoleted

We would use {{ToObsolete}} on the page if not all the links to the page What Links Here (To Do lists - Country-State-Province) have been redirected to the proper replacement pages. If all the links to that page are moved to another page, then you use {{Obsolete}} in case someone gets to that page by accident. I can also have the page title renamed to include "Obsolete" at the end so in searches you see it is obsolete as well.

The California To Do link you have is only a redirect to the current California Resource page, so we just need to kill the redirect.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message