Post by kentsmith9
I'm sure we can add a note that Closure Reports are the ONLY reports that affect routing, unless I am mistaken.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by ncc1701v
I like to add the expected finish date when I know it eg "construction until 15 July".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by PesachZ
This wiki page has several references to when scheduled restrictions will become available in WME.
Wiki wrote:Hours, days, weeks
If the road is affected for only a few hours or even a few weeks then use the Report > Closure feature in the Waze client application. Note this requires a person be physically located at the point of the road closure to report it in the client application. When the scheduled restrictions feature is live in WME, closures can be entered for a specific period of time.

Weeks, months, years
Until the scheduled restrictions option is available in the live WME, when the road is closed for longer term construction or other issues, it is best to modify the map directly. See the article on road construction for information on how to rename the affected road segments during the construction.
... (The emphasis is mine)
Being that they are already available and working for several months now in WME, should this page be updated to reflect that? I'm not sure what the correct verbiage would be for all these cases, since in some cases a disconnect is probably still the best option. But in my experience here on the Brooklyn bridge in NY, NY by setting scheduled turn AND scheduled travel restrictions, I've had no recent URs complaining of being routed over during construction. Doing the turns and the travel restrictions both may be overkill, but I digress. I just wanted to bring this up so it can be looked at and updated.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.pngNYhttps://j.mp/1xPiWC8https://j.mp/1C9mUY2
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum

Post by PesachZ
petervdveen wrote:As far as I know, we don't have road closures in wme yet, right?
Or did I miss something?

I think we have to wait for another 1 or 2 months for that.
AFAIK we don't have Road Closures (as in the functionality available through the client by pressing 'Report > Road Closure'). We do however have, at least in the NA server, Scheduled Travel Restrictions which can be used to create a penalty for Waze routing over that specified segment. The segment travel restrictions can be set for specific directions, at specific days and times, during a specified date range. Therefore they are useful for construction projects, and scheduled road closures, especially ones that are not in effect the entire time, or roads which have their travel directions reversed for certain hours.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.pngNYhttps://j.mp/1xPiWC8https://j.mp/1C9mUY2
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum

Post by petervdveen
There are a few thing on this page (https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/How_to_handl ... s#Overview) I would like to change.

I think this part can be removed:
Disconnect road segments - In general it is not recommended to disconnect road segments unless roads are permanently being disconnected. However, this method has been for longer term construction projects while waiting for the scheduled restrictions feature. This procedure also includes renaming the road to note the construction information that will appear on the client app helping local drivers see why they are not being routed through that area.
I guess for road closures we now use the restrictions or events functions.
Also renaming roads is a very bad suggestion, specially for countries using the Waze DB for searching.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
I would add a landmark then.
Renaming roads will add a lot of crap into the waze DB.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation Z710e met Tapatalk
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
As far as I know, we don't have road closures in wme yet, right?
Or did I miss something?

I think we have to wait for another 1 or 2 months for that.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
Correct, but there not meant to be used for that.
I suggest to talk with Orit and your community manager to create a spreadsheet for roadworks. It works kind of like the new traffic events feature.
We use it in Benelux too. Until the new function is developed.

petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
No, restrictions is available overhere.
Road closures not yet, but we are using a spreadsheet for that now as work-a-round.

petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by sketch
Would it also be prudent to include information on time-based restrictions? Minor events like ramp closures might be better served this way (once it's working), especially for construction events with set schedules.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!