Correcting POI searches: A Wiki addition?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Correcting POI searches: A Wiki addition?

Postby sketch » Fri May 09, 2014 4:12 pm

That's fine, but for the editors who don't mind taking the extra steps it would be nice to know exactly how.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am

I'm still less inclined to spend my time correcting the location multiple times when you can get the correct location under the waze tab.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Thu May 08, 2014 10:51 pm

CBenson wrote:I don't find the guidance as relevant with the current places feature. I'm still not sure how the search really uses the places yet, but I typically adjust the places rather going to Google at this point to correct destination errors.

Instant still returns results exclusively from Google, so where the Google marker is is highly relevant. Whether Places will be matched with Google results at some point in the future, when that happens is unknown and likely not for some time.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Thortok2000 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Sorry I can't really offer any new opinions, I haven't been map editing much since I started my new job. I'm still a user though, every day. ^_^
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CBenson » Thu May 08, 2014 4:15 pm

I don't find the guidance as relevant with the current places feature. I'm still not sure how the search really uses the places yet, but I typically adjust the places rather going to Google at this point to correct destination errors.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu May 08, 2014 4:05 pm

We need to revisit this subject and page. The current location is not in a good place. I'm not sure if this page still warrants its own page and should be moved as a whole, or should be edited first, or whether it should be parted out to other pages.

I'm going to re-read it today and would appreciate others taking a look and come back to discuss how to treat it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby slandrum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Some (most) street address changes publish immediately, but I have had some that triggered a review, and some of those have been denied.

Any time I've tried to move a business, it's gone to review.
slandrum

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:42 pm

In my experience, at least at this point in my Map Maker experience, it seems street address changes are published immediately whereas business location changes require review.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Thortok2000 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:26 am

Sometimes a bot comes in and approves stuff, apparently. I don't know too much about it but I do see some approvals go through faster than others. It could also depend on the significance of the change, history of past changes, etc. If it's the first change on an address that was auto-generated, they may auto-approve it, for instance, and then request approval for changes after that. Or they might compare with another database and if similar enough, auto-approve. Who knows!
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CBenson » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:13 pm

I wanted to add that most of my changes in Google are taking effect immediately. In fact, I received a email from a requester asking how to change an address location. I provided instructions how to change the address in Mapmaker. They responded that they had changed the location in Mapmaker. I saw the email within half and hour, looked in Google maps saw the pin had moved, tried routing in waze and the route was corrected. Not sure when Google requires approval and when it doesn't, but some of the corrections can take effect very quickly.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion