Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Updates to editor pages

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I've done a couple updates to the main Waze Map Editor page. Maybe a little early, but with permalink type changing in production editor already, the other login splash updates are surely close behind.

Also updated most images in the Map Interface page.

Added lots of turn arrow images and made text updates to https://www.waze.com/wiki/Map_Editing_Q ... d_turns.29 (Just realized I'm missing two arrow types: yellow turn and u-uturn scheduled on-hover, which shows two clock icons.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by kentsmith9
I saw you were uploading a bunch of new files today. Nice work getting all those updates in.

I just noticed MGODLEW made a change on that page two weeks ago that implies uturns are working in the client app. I had not noticed that and could not find any threads for the latest app supporting it.

I have some roads set up I can test tomorrow to confirm.

If the client does not yet support the uturn in the editor, we just need to reword his changes from the following to include a comment the client does not yet support uturns, but will at some point.
MGODLEW says in the Wiki wrote:NOTE: The U-Turn doesn't have a proper navigation announcement (i.e. "Make A U-Turn"), but it will still route you that way. The current policy is to disable all U-Turns UNLESS the road is a divided highway that doesn't meet the requirements to be split.
I presume it is not because I just created this Bugzilla for U-Turns in Client just 4 days ago. Today I see someone at Waze has marked it confirmed as a "Product" feature request meaning it is not yet in the client. By the way it could use some votes. :)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
^ Hopefully 3.9: https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4020

I agree with what MGODLEW said in the wiki for the most part. I agree with the editing rule as he states it. I have also noticed that U turns are "working" in the app, after a fashion—it seems to have to be a kind of a last resort. I only ever saw them when exiting the interstate in a rural area and driving away from the freeway, but they're there. Same icon as "make a U turn at the roundabout"; no voice instruction.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!