New wiki proposal: Reports

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New wiki proposal: Reports

Postby mapcat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:19 am

kentsmith9 wrote:There's actually a number of good pieces in nanoRep that we can easily port over to the Wiki. Someone just need to copy and save the images from nanoRep into the Wiki database and then move the content.

I am currently pretty deep in a number of personal projects of my own that limits my time on Waze again, so if someone wants to take it on I can coach them or help with final reviews.

OK, I'm willing to do this, but all I found was how to report police, map problems, road closures, etc. Nothing about when to report.
mapcat

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:43 am

There's actually a number of good pieces in nanoRep that we can easily port over to the Wiki. Someone just need to copy and save the images from nanoRep into the Wiki database and then move the content.

I am currently pretty deep in a number of personal projects of my own that limits my time on Waze again, so if someone wants to take it on I can coach them or help with final reviews.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Sounds like a good idea. I don't know that I'd recommend voice commands to anyone at this point—I can almost never get them to work. I don't know if our new Google overlords have improved that, however.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

New wiki proposal: Reports

Postby mapcat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:08 pm

At this time it appears that the only report-related item in the wiki is this possibly deprecated entry:
https://www.waze.com/wiki/How_to_Report

It would be helpful to cover "when to report" also, or to suggest best reporting practices, in order to minimize misleading, superfluous, or otherwise inappropriate reports.

For example:
  • Don't report moving police
  • Don't report rain, fog, etc when it's obvious and/or occurring uniformly throughout the region
  • Use the voice commands to make more specific reports when possible (with a link to the existing voice commands reference)

Setting best practices is essential in order to identify and correct misuse of this feature.
mapcat

Previous

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion