Post by nhanway
This is a great idea to add to the wiki in Camera section.
Is there a wiki page that covers when and how map tiles update?

If there is, then we should link it to the camera section to make this more clear. Also link it to any other page that cover edits that wont automatically trigger a tile update. Turn restrictions, Cameras, landmarks, changing road types?, time restrictions, ect.

If there isnt, then maybe we add it here:
WME #Editing Manual -> Updating the Map and link all the relevant pages stated above.
nhanway
Send a message

Post by nhanway
Yeah I was aware of this. It more covers how Waze updates the tiles from Editor to Live map but not why.
nhanway
Send a message

Post by nhanway
kentsmith9 wrote:I think there was another issue related to house numbers or house GPS location that we ran into the tile update problem. It may be that we need a page on Tile Update Process to explain what will and what will not trigger a tile update and then what is controlled by the tiles vs what is in other databases not linked to the tiles (if there is anything).
I agree. I think this is a good idea!
nhanway
Send a message

Post by sketch
This is a known problem with time-based segment restrictions too, isn't it? Is it on that page?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!