Post by kentsmith9
Fixed (both broken links) and cleaned up some other things in the article.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
CBenson wrote:So should we simply delete the Complex/Distributor Collector section as being rendered obsolete by the big detour prevention mechanism?
I am in agreement the detour prevention mechanism should be the control point and not a hack to stop the straight through ramp to ramp. If the penalty is not enough, then Waze needs to increase the penalty set for those routes. In the 5km issue, that condition may be rare enough to not have the issue be common enough to worry about.

Therefore we no longer need that guidance in the Wiki. Maybe we convert it to note this was an older condition necessary before detour avoidance, so you will likely see this in the maps and it should be set free. Call a Champ. 8-)
CBenson wrote:I'm not sure what to do with the "bottom" cloverleaf ramp setup. It seems to me to be an unnecessary alternative where a single recommended method would be better for consistencies sake. However, I remember there being some editors that preferred this option, but I can't remember why.
We should remove the note that one is better than the other. Show both as possible and legitimate.

The notes on not positioning the junction point being directly below the overpass and setting the elevation are points we should collect together on drawing ramps and add any other points on drawing ramps as well. Then we can put a Wikilink to that guidance in each of the interchange drawing sections.
CBenson wrote:Should we try to get Weeezer's input? I'm hoping that springtime is treating him better than the winter did.
We can create a subpage as a revision of the page as our proposal and wait until we hear from him before going forward.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I do think we can just have at least the 5 m distance between the entrance and exit ramps, but in case you don't believe our road development experts could design off and on ramps on top of each other, try driving this interchange in San Jose area. The street view shows you how little you actually have to accelerate up to speed while cars are exiting from the active freeway lane. :roll:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
sketch, let's also sync up on some other updates I am preparing for JSG. I am moving parts of JSG to their own subsections similar to how the Interchange guide is set up. We can easily merge your and my changes to the JSG as long as we don't hit the same sections.

I started the thread I think you and I discussed a month ago to focus on JSG changes.

I will like this thread to it now.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
sketch wrote:I would also posit that there's a significant interest in presenting such a strange configuration as such in the client. The reassurance that I'm not actually going the wrong way would be comforting.
I would agree. Even if the routing were perfect, as a driver I would want to see the display showing me on the left side of the traffic as I pass over the roadway below.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Wow. That test looks messy. I would vote to keep the interchange split as drawn on the current 5 (and any others in the country) to prevent visual confusion by drivers.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I agree to rely on detour prevention. I think we already decided to remove the straight through prevention guidance and will be updating the Wiki to remove that content.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I adjusted the images to better allow word wrapping on the default layout.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message