Post by kentsmith9
I should note that the template will immediately show the "new" comment in the text and the New category at the bottom of the page, before you even edit the page. However the category New will not be generated in the Category namespace until you edit the page and save it. Of course if you edit the page and add the |revision=yes parameter then the appropriate "revision" text and category will be added instead.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:
jondrush wrote:Yes please, sub-page tutorial needed.
OK. I will work on one and set up some demo pages in the Wiki Help namespace
Closing the loop on this post. I created the Subpage tutorial and it is discussed in this post.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by syborg_sasquatch
Thank you for assembling this template.

Is there a way to create a contacttype of "thread" to display the text "post a message in this thread"? Both MD and DC have threads devoted to the Wiki.
syborg_sasquatch
Send a message
Chuck H. | Rank 3 Editor
Samsung Galaxy S4 | Android 4.2.2 | Waze 3.7.8
DC Wiki | MD Wiki | VA Wiki

Post by syborg_sasquatch
kentsmith9 wrote: The "|contacttype=forum" displays "post a message in this forum" as a universal entry for either a forum or specific thread of the forum. When I created it I didn't think the distinction was that important. Do you think readers of the text will not understand a link to a forum might or might not lead to a specific thread?
Hmmm..yeah, I'm probably being too picky. :oops:

Sorry about that. I withdraw my suggestion.
Optional URL parameter for forum or private message. Do not include the descriptor field of the URL, meaning only send the valid URL text without the extra space followed by a description of the URL. Requires |contacttype= to alter message appropriate for forum or individual user.
Should I add a note that the forum can be either a forum section or a specific thread in the forum?
I don't think it is necessary.
syborg_sasquatch
Send a message
Chuck H. | Rank 3 Editor
Samsung Galaxy S4 | Android 4.2.2 | Waze 3.7.8
DC Wiki | MD Wiki | VA Wiki