[New Page] Map tiles

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Map tiles updates for deleted landmarks

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:17 pm

davielde wrote:It would be worthwhile to test unless kentsmith9 or others know that this is already not the case. Lake St Clair would be a good candidate for anyone with beta editor and CM rights.

I have no specific data on that, so it might be worth testing. I am still waiting on feedback from the Devs on the questions, but their schedule is "soon." :lol:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davielde » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:57 pm

dbraughlr wrote:Perhaps just deleting a landmark doesn't cause a tile update but when the landmark is immediately replaced by a new landmark covering the same tiles, there is no way to tell.

It would be worthwhile to test unless kentsmith9 or others know that this is already not the case. Lake St Clair would be a good candidate for anyone with beta editor and CM rights.
davielde

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Perhaps just deleting a landmark doesn't cause a tile update but when the landmark is immediately replaced by a new landmark covering the same tiles, there is no way to tell.
dbraughlr

Re: [New Page] Map tiles

Postby nzahn1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Also...
I've hearing rumblings that Champs were informed by Staff that HN edits/adds now force a tile rebuild. I was also forwarded this Forum Post (Posted by OrbitC, 01 Jun 2015).

Can we change "Adding or editing House Numbers in WME" to
"Adding or editing House Numbers in WME (Scheduled Update)"

Edited to show that editing a HN doesn't trigger an tile update, but does get updated regularly. confirmation from HQ pending via OrbitC.
nzahn1
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby nzahn1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Now that we can add Cameras via the WME, I wanted to change
"[[Camera|Cameras]] updates"
to
"Adding or editing [[Cameras]]"

Any opposition?
nzahn1
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Fredo-p » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:28 pm

PesachZ wrote:Keep in mind place area changes don't trigger an update, so it may not have been included in the first batch of updates after you made the change.

A good majority of those place changes, if not all, happen to coincide with segment updates. No, I didn't do a segment update just to trigger a tile update.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby PesachZ » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Fredo-p wrote:I can tell you for a fact that Live Map updates are slower than a geriatric slug on a salted snowed-in street. Maybe we can ask Karen to get an official word from the Devs. Last time I tested, it took 2+ weeks for place area additions/changes to show in Live Map. It also took almost one week for road changes to show.

Keep in mind place area changes don't trigger an update, so it may not have been included in the first batch of updates after you made the change.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Fredo-p » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:39 pm

I can tell you for a fact that Live Map updates are slower than a geriatric slug on a salted snowed-in street. Maybe we can ask Karen to get an official word from the Devs. Last time I tested, it took 2+ weeks for place area additions/changes to show in Live Map. It also took almost one week for road changes to show.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby PesachZ » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Fredo-p wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:Did you first get consensus from everyone before you made that change? ;)

Since when did we forget how to take a joke?

Also, will this include Live Map updates as well? I would like to have Lime Maps included in the map updated.

We don't have as clear a picture of how livemap updates, but I see no reason not to include what we do know;
The routing updates with the tiles for the app, but the displayed roads and graphic update slower (~once a week maybe).

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Fredo-p » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Fredo-p wrote:Did you first get consensus from everyone before you made that change? ;)

Since when did we forget how to take a joke?

Also, will this include Live Map updates as well? I would like to have Lime Maps included in the map updated.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Next

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion