UR Clarification

Post by doctorkb
This section:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Update_Reque ... #Report_As

Needs an update to suggest a conversation before just closing as "Not Resolved".
doctorkb
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:37371

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
doctorkb wrote:This section:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Update_Reque ... #Report_As

Needs an update to suggest a conversation before just closing as "Not Resolved".
Possibly just a link to the Etiquette section as that reads:

Closing the Update Request
Before marking an Update Request as Not Identified or Solved, enter a conversation message stating what you did to resolve the problem, or why the request is being marked as Not Identified
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by doctorkb
That might do it... but I'm presently dealing with an editor who decided it was OK to close URs that had been commented on by me and were not resolvable by us mere mortal volunteer editors (water layer issue). He failed to respond to PMs, continued to close the URs and was blocked last night.

Now he's arguing with me that he didn't do anything wrong... despite the fact that he didn't comment on anything, nor was he actually able to fix anything (both times it was marked as "solved").
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Perhaps this:
For various reasons, such as lack of detail provided by the Wazer, or conflicting route vs. drive trace information, you may not be able to identify the source of the reported problem. In these cases, you should mark the Update Request as Not Identified.
Should read something more like:
For various reasons, such as lack of detail provided by the Wazer, or conflicting route vs. drive trace information, you may not be able to identify the source of the reported problem. In these cases, you should attempt to initiate a conversation with the reporter.

If a conversation has already been initiated by another editor and a reasonable time has passed since last hearing from the reporter, suggest that it be closed. Wait for that editor to contribute prior to taking further action.

If you do not receive a response within a reasonable period of time (minimum one week), you may consider marking the Update Request as Not Identified.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
doctorkb wrote:That might do it...
We can make any change you think will help. We can add Alan's comment as is, or consider something stronger if you want to recommend something.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Nice addition and I agree. I also split up the content of that section into what I believe are appropriate sub sections, making it easier to follow.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message