Wiki Update - April 2014

Moderator: Unholy

Wiki Update - April 2014

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:46 am

The Wiki version has been recently updated to better support our work for our upcoming translations.

One of the most visible updates is a new editor interface that appears as your default setting. You can change back to the original setting by going to your preferences page on editing and you can either:

Check the Show WikiTextEditor

or

Uncheck the Show edit toolbar

You can also use these same settings to enable the WikEd plugin.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Wiki Update - April 2014

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:38 pm

I just noticed I am getting the same repeated update notice on Greasemonkey in Firefox that I had not noticed before. I will likely disable the update check as well.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Fredo-p » Thu May 22, 2014 6:39 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:I just added it to Chrome through Tampermonkey and did see the update warning. I have not seen it since, so maybe it only pops up once each day?

I am going to see if we can get it added as a gadget to our Wiki so it can be used without having the extension in the browser.

Awesome. Cause I felt like the fool for trying to install it in my user/config profile, not knowing that it had to be installed on the admins side. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sadly, for me, I get the update warning every time I re-open chrome. A few times a day at least.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:35 pm

I just added it to Chrome through Tampermonkey and did see the update warning. I have not seen it since, so maybe it only pops up once each day?

I am going to see if we can get it added as a gadget to our Wiki so it can be used without having the extension in the browser.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Fredo-p » Thu May 22, 2014 6:02 pm

sketch wrote:I had the same problem with WikEd installed in Tampermonkey. I haven't tried it installed directly into Chrome yet.

I had a hell of a time trying to get it installed without it, let alone tapermonkey to load it. Ended up having to rename the file wikied.user.js

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby sketch » Thu May 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Fredo-p wrote:Awesome. I've had WikiEd installed for some time now. I'll make sure to remove any things selected in the RTE.

In regards to the WikiEd, where can I find some detailed instructions to install it in Chrome using Tapermonkey? Keep getting an Update redirect every time I go to any wiki site. If need be, I can create a separate topic to ask about this so as not to bog down this topic with unneeded discussion.

I had the same problem with WikEd installed in Tampermonkey. I haven't tried it installed directly into Chrome yet.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DwarfLord » Thu May 22, 2014 2:09 pm

That rich text editor annoyed me from Day 1 but I cut my typesetting teeth on (Plain!) TeX :ugeek: :ugeek: and still prefer it to Word so that's hardly surprising. Most of the time I turned it off but I didn't realize there was a preference to turn it off permanently. Thanks!
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:42 pm

I just received word from Waze management that they have disabled the problematic Rich Text Editor from the server side for now. The settings to disable it are not required. The original editor is the default (and only built-in) editor currently.

The WikEd plugin is still available and a good choice for anyone doing significant edits.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:20 am

Fredo-p wrote:In regards to the WikiEd, where can I find some detailed instructions to install it in Chrome using Tapermonkey? Keep getting an Update redirect every time I go to any wiki site. If need be, I can create a separate topic to ask about this so as not to bog down this topic with unneeded discussion.

I know a few people have loaded it into Chrome (I have not yet as I am still FF).
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Fredo-p » Thu May 22, 2014 6:41 am

Awesome. I've had WikiEd installed for some time now. I'll make sure to remove any things selected in the RTE.

In regards to the WikiEd, where can I find some detailed instructions to install it in Chrome using Tapermonkey? Keep getting an Update redirect every time I go to any wiki site. If need be, I can create a separate topic to ask about this so as not to bog down this topic with unneeded discussion.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Next

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion