Road Types (USA) – Airports and Surrounding Area

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Road Types (USA) – Airports and Surrounding Area

Postby sketch » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:17 am

Runways are bright yellow in the app, and if the comments in the skin file are to be believed, they are intended to be alternating-yellow-and-black lines. (There's a similar comment about cross-hatching railroads.) So I wouldn't worry about that.

Taxiways do reduce the distinctiveness of runways, so I agree with their exclusion. I just think it would be nice to have both, with runways painted with thicker lines. Adding taxiways increases the distinctiveness of airports. But that's just talk—I certainly don't expect an additional type just for that.

Internal roads in airports should never be mapped with any drivable type whether they're taxiways or not. That's been an overarching theme through this thread. Although admittedly I'm not sure what you mean by a "dual use taxiway"; if it really is a taxiway also used as a public road, or as a small airport's parking lot, then that's fine.

Generally I would just say "don't map taxiways at all". In your linked example, though, I would agree that it should be mapped with the runway/taxiway type, since a car might face an oncoming plane there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby sketch » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:16 am

Runways are displayed in 3.8.0 in the default day scheme only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Image Image
sketch
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby sketch » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:21 am

pumrum wrote:Given this, unless the search engine is modified to omit runway segments from the result, I think we should backtrack slightly and name the runways simply "Runway 18-36" and omit the identifier.

As I've said before, I think we should do this regardless of search. The IATA (or whatever) code is already visible on the airport's area place. Incorporation thereof onto runways is always redundant.
Image Image
sketch
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby slash77777 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Need to FIX airport locations!

Enter the 3 letter code, MSP = Minneapolis St Paul airport, It should provide the address of the terminal where a normal passenger...99.99995% of Wazers want to go there.

Currently MSP leads one to 4300 Glumack Dr, St. Paul MN - This is the correct address, but the WAZE map does not have the right location. I think one can get to the control tower maybe. Leads to a restricted road. This is NOT useful!
slash77777

Previous

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion