Post by CBenson
No, the page still displays the old version of the flow chart for me (whether logged in or not, on all browsers, and on a Kindle that I have not previously viewed the wiki on).
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by davielde
Very nice. This does make it clearer. I especially like the inclusion of the two "special considerations", and the flow chart helps. Will look at it in more detail when I'm not on Tapatalk, but I want to follow this discussion.
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
qwaletee wrote: We should really clarify that upfront and/or explain it both ways in the logic question.
I vote for both ways. Perhaps a small image showing a dashed line mentioned earlier, and label both angles.

EDIT: I didn't see it quickly re-reading this thread, so it must have been in another thread that I read today, but it would be a dashed line coming out of a junction at 180 degrees in case there is no s-n segment intersecting at that angle.

EDIT 2: here's where I saw it. The Geometry JSG thread.
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by DwarfLord
The present wiki article flow chart says that:
- if the angle between s-in and s-out is less than 44°; and
- if there are no other unrestricted sN < 44°; then
- there will be no instruction.

So, why did I get an instruction to "turn right" headed southbound on this Primary Street today? Not even "stay" to the right, but "turn". The street name and alt name are exactly identical on either side of the junction, as are the lock level and elevation.

My understanding is that continuing south on the PS should be a clear case of Best Continuation. So why was there a turn instruction? What am I missing? Yikes.
Screen shot 2015-02-16 at 5.32.13 PM.png
Route from N to S on the PS gives "turn right" - ???
(45.51 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Last edited by DwarfLord on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by DwarfLord
Here is a permalink to the location pictured.

I tried opening the forum in another browser that wasn't even logged in, found that post (that took awhile, because if you are not logged in it displays everything alphabetically by poster's handle). It displayed fine...so maybe a glitch...? I have had a lot of trouble getting the inline images to work as expected on the forum.

(EDIT: A very similar issue happened to me a few days ago. I was going to disregard it as a glitch, but then it happened again today at a different intersection. The only common factor is that I was out of cell range both times, running Waze without connectivity at the time the route was generated.)
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
sketch wrote:Ah, that may be the deciding factor then? From what I understand, disconnected routing is not per se "supported" and may lead to some weird stuff... I don't really know anything more than that, though. It does seem odd that this would give a turn instruction in any case.
Thanks! I didn't realize unconnected routing was considered unsupported since the app does try. I imagined it was either going to work well (although of course without real-time traffic adjustments) or it wasn't going to work at all, depending on whether app cached the necessary part of the map before it lost connectivity.

Maybe the app compresses its internal map cache so heavily as to corrupt best-continuation situations...?
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
Now, the question is, for remote areas with patchy cell coverage, should editing practice be any different?

In the stated example, for instance, if it were aligned as a perfect 180/90/90 right-angle intersection, would in-app routing perform better? I would assume so. But if so, is perfect 180/90/90 necessary, or can it be a few degrees off? How many degrees off?

My area suffers from large zones with zero coverage, so it would be useful to know. If nobody has looked into this, I can do a bit of experimentation easily enough. It won't be hard to distance myself from cell coverage that's for sure.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
PesachZ wrote:I want to start a discussion on adding documentation and guidance for two segment uturns.
Is this different from the post in the Junction Style Guide thread? I responded there, and then saw this...not sure how to proceed.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by Falkonir
Hi Dear friend
i have a matter
when we have 2 different segment in junction
if we drive in highway and we want go to a primary street
waze doesn't say " keep prompt "
it just says "exit prompt "
if i have your email i can send you 3 image

sincerly yours
Falkonir
Falkonir
Send a message

Post by iamrioo
Hello guys.

I am sorry if this ever asked before, or maybe its already basic known for all of you :D

Sometime we need to make a junction that say keep and turn, but so far I tried in many ways it didn't work unless, there is an additional segment connected to the same junction (3rd S-out) like below image.

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w66 ... 5y8oec.jpg

Do I missed something here? to make it works both keep and Turn? without that "illegal" 3rd segment
:shock:

Thanks
iamrioo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://image.ibb.co/iUOGcS/baper.png
telegram me
The best of people are those who bring most benefit for others