[Page Update] How Waze determines turn/keep/exit maneuvers

Re: [Page Update] How Waze determines turn/keep/exit maneuve

Postby PesachZ » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:51 am

The base content is the same, this would be the very precise technical version, notice the angles.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:46 am

I updated the message box I had placed on this page regarding the changes and alt names. It now reflects reality as was explained to me by the NY meetup, and has since been implemented.

I also updated the flowchart image, and the list of conditions to include the U-turn prompt given at angles >169.8 (shown as >170°)
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby subs5 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Can this page have a link to the interactive algorithm page since better angle descriptions including u-turns? Thanks in advance. V/r subs5
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PesachZ » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:17 pm

subs5 wrote:Can this page have a link to the interactive algorithm page since better angle descriptions including u-turns? Thanks in advance. V/r subs5

It does already right above the table of contents, if I'm understanding you correctly.
A simplified easy to understand interactive version of this page is available here.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby subs5 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:10 am

PesachZ wrote:
subs5 wrote:Can this page have a link to the interactive algorithm page since better angle descriptions including u-turns? Thanks in advance. V/r subs5

It does already right above the table of contents, if I'm understanding you correctly.
A simplified easy to understand interactive version of this page is available here.

Hi PesachZ,
I do not see where the >170 degree turn is announced as a U turn. The three circular diagrams for angles does not show a wedge at the 6 o'clock position that is 20 degrees wide that says "u-turn". Here is a crude picture of the wedge.

This is the portion that I would like on your page "Is the Turn angle from the origin to the the destination greater than 170°? [then] YES => Make a U-turn"

I do not see that mentioned on your page. Most of the other information is there but nada about u-turns. V/r subs5
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PesachZ » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:03 pm

subs5 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:

Hi PesachZ,
I do not see where the >170 degree turn is announced as a U turn. The three circular diagrams for angles does not show a wedge at the 6 o'clock position that is 20 degrees wide that says "u-turn". Here is a crude picture of the wedge.

This is the portion that I would like on your page "Is the Turn angle from the origin to the the destination greater than 170°? [then] YES => Make a U-turn"

I do not see that mentioned on your page. Most of the other information is there but nada about u-turns. V/r subs5

They are not in the diagrams, correct. The diagrams main intent to explain the concept of how angles work, and how doglegs affect them. On the How Waze determined ... page in the graphic flowchart the >170°is mentioned in the first decision triangle at the top. It is also the first item in the list of conditions:
If the angle between s-in and s-out is greater than 169°, the instruction is: 'Make a U-turn'

In the Interactive algorithm page the first question in the algorithm is about these >170 °u-turns, which lead to the u-turn prompt.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby CBenson » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:35 pm

Yes, I remember this issue now. That chart never updates on the page for me. Doesn't matter if I'm logged in or using someone else computer. Displayed on the page for me is the 1:30 11 June 2014 version. If I click on the image, I get the file page with showing the current version. If I remember correctly, its been this way for me since June 2014. I've forgotten recently to make sure I click through to the file page to see the current version.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby PesachZ » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:39 pm

CBenson wrote:Yes, I remember this issue now. That chart never updates on the page for me. Doesn't matter if I'm logged in or using someone else computer. Displayed on the page for me is the 1:30 11 June 2014 version. If I click on the image, I get the file page with showing the current version. If I remember correctly, its been this way for me since June 2014. I've forgotten recently to make sure I click through to the file page to see the current version.

Interesting, I see I have the same issue now that you mention it. A page pruge didn't fix it either, I wonder what the fix is.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:09 pm

Which image is not updating for you two on that page?
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

PreviousNext

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion